Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • solo night riding – bad idea?
  • cookeaa

I like a good solo night ride, take all the same stuff you would for a day ride plus a light and a spare light/helmet light and that’s it really…

Scariest things I’ve met out and about have been Doggers, Owls and stelthy Deer none of which are actually that scary in the grand scheme of things….

I do like to stop in the very middle of woods sometimes and see just how long before the eerie creaks and rustles of a very dark wood late at night spook me into riding on… doesn’t take that long…

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

As already mentioned, take a back up light.

I think I’ve told the story here before but weirdest solo night ride experience was hooning around a blind corner and finding a proper, old-school tramp (as in travelling gentleman) had set up camp in the middle of the trail. Squatting down cross-legged, little billy-can brewing on the fire and everything. Cue me slamming on brakes, missing him by about 3 inches , wishing him a hearty good evening and pootling on my way. I don’t know who was more scared, him or me. Perhaps I should have stayed for a cuppa.

ourmaninthenorth

Have done road rides at night, and there’s now one or two a week run by lads in my club. Tho I have a baby, I’m going to try to get out then.

Also going to divert my commute to some off-road (tame) action with the SS road bike (in SSCX mode).

This is my first year with decent lights (Lumi LED3). Brilliant invention.

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘solo night riding – bad idea?’ is closed to new replies.