Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Solicitor needed to extend leases on flat (freehold is owned through Ltd co)
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Is this something anyone here does? Quotes I’ve had so far seem very expensive for what should be a simple process.

Need to vary lease/issue side lease (or whatever the right process is) to extend lease to 999 years and peppercorn rent.

nickjb
    Free Member

Quotes I’ve had so far seem very expensive for what should be a simple process.

Welcome to the world of solicitors. I’m sure its reasonable if things get complicated but when it all goes smoothly it seems a waste. Last time I had a quote for some conveyancing it was so outrageous I just did it myself. Bought 3 properties now without using a solicitor, just dealing direct with the land registry. Not had any dealings with leases but I suspect the process is similar. Fill out the right forms, pay the right fees.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Bought 3 properties now without using a solicitor, just dealing direct with the land registry. N

I get the impression if you’re all cash that’s possible but as soon as a mortgage company is involved in any way they won’t deal with anyone except a solicitor.

thomthumb
    Free Member

are you the tennant or a commercial interest?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

It’s 2 residential flats converted from a house. We are both the leaseholder and own 50% of the freehold (which is held in a LTD company with two shares- one share to each leaseholder)

Freehold was purchased and put into the ltd company 12 years ago but leases weren’t extended at the time

Jakester
    Free Member

Simon, it’s something my firm would be able to deal with. Drop me a line on my email in profile.

Cheers

Jake

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Solicitor needed to extend leases on flat (freehold is owned through Ltd co)’ is closed to new replies.