• This topic has 56 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by devs.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Soft shite footballers, what do they earn?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Top player, premier league say. Who’s the highest earner & how much per year/season?
    Just interested for a comparison on summink.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Last I heard it was over 300k a week… methinks he plays for Man City 😯

mikey74
    Free Member

top players in PL are on £60-150,000 per week.

iDave
    Free Member

I don’t think the soft shite ones get paid very much to be honest.

The world class ones get about 200k a week.

Jamie
    Free Member

/sigh

donsimon
    Free Member

Doesn’t Tevez get 7 million per year, how much of that is basic and how much is bonuses, I don’t know

CaptJon
    Free Member

Marxism, innit.

snakebite
    Free Member

Tevez 300k a week fiddled to be tax free or something, others anywhere between 20 and 200k depending on the team/skillZ and chairmans pocket….

Junkyard
    Free Member

you ned to factor in sponsorship and image ricght.
    Was becks not rumoured to be on 25 m or something daft per year?
    I would imagine they are clearing over a million a month tbh for the top drawer ones. say 500k wages and the rest from deals. Actually it must be even more than that.

donsimon
    Free Member

Marxism, innit.

Does he play for City too?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

More than you.

And they’re probbly a lot ‘harder’ than you, which basically makes you as runny as diarreah. 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wow, right. I was comparing them with NHL players, you know, the blokes who get knocked about for a living & don’t burst into tears? Anyway, Sidney Crosby’s on $9,000,000 a year. How does that compare to real money? ( I think It’ll be US dollars, not Canadian)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m a proper soft sh!te me Elf, I’m a lover not a fighter 😉

However, If you fancy your chances against Zdeno here…

I’d love to see the result!

I think he’s on about $7.5 million. 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, those blokes what wear full body armour?

Right.

Ok.

As for that long bloke, no problem:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And compared to the non-armour wearing players of rugby? Both codes….

Wendyball salaries are vile, as vile as those of bankers.

iDave
    Free Member

That’s a big salary for blokes who slide around, can’t handle pressure and end up punching each other quite often

donsimon
    Free Member

Was becks not rumoured to be on 25 m or something daft per year?

IIRC Becks was on 1 million per year back in the days of capped salaries but earned in the region of 8 million with the addition of extra curricular activities.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oi, Flashy;

Netball

Pants

That is all… 😉

iDave
    Free Member

But they’re not are they CFH – they get paid because they entertain millions of people doing what they do. Unlike parasitic bankers, rewarded for utter failure, bailed out by the tax payer, conniving to screw anyone available – smug arse slimey ****.

No armour in Rugby you say?

donsimon
    Free Member

Why put them in the same bracket as bankers? Footballers kick a ball and not only do lots of people watch them do it, they are prepared to pay to watch and be entertained by it. No lying, no cheating and no stealing, not really the same as the bankers.
    Do you feel the same about over paid actors/authors/musicians/etc?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nah the one at La galaxy – up to 150 million over 5 years all in

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6253829.stm

DS he does it every football thread he almost never returns after he has expressed his disdain for wendy ball and the common folk who watch it and play it.
    I think it grates with him [politics of envy?]that common folk earn more than him and lack the refined tastes to appreciate rugger and killing animals like what his educated self does.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Here we go….

(Ear we go, ear we goooo!)

😀

Flashy; do you actually play rugby?

warton
    Free Member

why are they vile, and why are bankers salaries vile? Golfers earn more, are they vile too, what about Basketball players, they earn twice what footballers earn, are they vile? are entrepreneurs profits vile as well.

Tevez earns 250k a week, it won’t be tax free, but he will obviously pay 20% on it, no more than that.
    Good on them, you got the skills that are in demand so you get paid for them!

Jamie
    Free Member

Flashy; do you actually play rugby?

Of course the soft shite doesn’t. Probably puts his back out watching female beach volleyball.

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

comparing any footballer to sidney crosby is down right depressing, he gets paid not even half as much as a decent premier league player and has a skillset completely uncomparable, plus the fact he has to play 82 games in a season not including the playoffs and averaging around 4 games per week.

AND thats ignoring the huge amount of communtiy work he and many other nhlers do. **** ridiculous.

coogan
    Free Member

Dunno why folk get so upset about it. They do get paid a tad too much, but the money in football is HUGE. Jeez, look at Alonso, he’s on about 30 million a year from Ferrari alone! Other F1 drivers get paid huge amounts too. Movie stars earn how much?! Boxers? NFL players? Huge money gets paid out all over the place, not just the ‘wendyballers’ as some twunts like to call them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Probably puts his back out watching female beach volleyball.

😆

In fairness though….no, I mean.. Oh. 😳

Nothing, nothing…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hang on a bit! May i defend my hockey heroes! They wear ‘full body armour’ (like half on here when tootling round the local trail centre) for some very good reasons, ie, hard rubber discs flying round in excess of 100mph, they carry carbon fibre ‘sticks’ & have been known to whack each other with them, they slide around on VERY sharp footwear (& I don’t mean proper trendy stuff) & they travel in excess of 25 mph & sometimes (accidently) bump into each other!
    Watch an NHL game around playoff time & you’ll see what I mean.

AngryPirate, I salute you for you know the truth!!

grum
    Free Member

Let me get this straight, is the amount of money that people earn not really that fair? 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

ive played ice hockey and rugby and the impacts are completely different, there is no grappling in hockey, when you hit someone its like a car crash, the armour is there because your not being dragged to the mud, your being smashed into the boards, or onto the ice. the fights are the easy part. i wouldnt expect people to understand without playing both, but neither are pussies. crosby is a whiney bitch sometimes but hes still tougher than any premiership footballer.

also to put it in perspective, the guy in black who is getting pummled, is 6’4

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Theyr’e all girls Elf. Some years ago a guy called Peter Forsberg played a period of a Stanley Cup playoff game not knowing he’d damaged his spleen. Eric Lindros played another 3rd period with a broken rib. Yo very obviously have never watched an NHL game. Your loss.

donsimon
    Free Member

I was there for the Busst incedent, it was simply horrible.

Eric Lindros played another 3rd period with a broken rib. Yo very obviously have never watched an NHL game. Your loss.

And I completed 50kms of an mtb race with a broken thumbs, bleeding limbs and no body armour. Double hard springs to mind. 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

**** me Don! & I bet you never even got paid for it! You hero!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As for Tevez; see that horrific scarring? That’s from an accident with boiling water when he was a kid. He was in an ICU for TWO MONTHS. Considering he’s had years for the scarring to fade, that must have been one hell of a nasty burn.

Some years ago a guy called Peter Forsberg played a period of a Stanley Cup playoff game not knowing he’d damaged his spleen. Eric Lindros played another 3rd period with a broken rib.

And? I once had to ride seventeen miles home with a broken rib and a bruised lung. As well as a sprained wrist, badly bruised elbow, shoulder and knee. 😛

The player in the middle is Bert Trautmann. Google him. 😉

Hockey players? Soft as melted butter. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

100% for kicks. Makes Eric Lindros look like a lightweight wan**r, doesn’t it?

yossarian
    Free Member

Footballers soft as shite?

Don’t think so. Usual bollocks spouted by those who wouldn’t last five minutes on a football pitch.

Hope that young lad from Stanley is ok.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

And? I once had to ride seventeen miles home with a broken rib and a bruised lung. As well as a sprained wrist, badly bruised elbow, shoulder and knee.

What happened. did one of your stabilisers fall off? Bless.

donsimon
    Free Member

Careful what you say yossarian, the OP will wait until you’re on your own on G wing and give you a bit of a battering with a couple of mates for challenging his authority.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What happened. did one of your stabilisers fall off? Bless.

Erm, no; I did. 😳

Did you Google Bert Trautmann then? What did you learn (apart from the fact that Ice Hockey players aren’t quite as tough as you make out…)? 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Soft shite footballers, what do they earn?’ is closed to new replies.