Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Sober October ?
  • spacemonkey

Yep, thinking about doing it here too. Very rarely touch a drop Mon-Fri but usually have a few on a Sat and a couple on Sun.

Have done similar before and felt better for it. Life is full on though, and a few shorts and a pint or two of weekly rotated brews in the local over the weekend ‘help’ simmer me down. Might keep with the latter but drop the shorts.

Also doing some HIIT sessions and weights as I’ve less time for biking/running. If I can cut a stone by 1st Nov I’ll be a happy chappy.

johndoh
    Free Member

If I can cut a stone by 1st Nov I’ll be a happy chappy.

That’s a hell of a lot of weight to lose that quickly – it can’t be healthy!

spacemonkey

That’s a hell of a lot of weight to lose that quickly – it can’t be healthy!

I thought that as soon as I posted, especially as I’m now in the “ignore the number on the scales and instead look in the mirror”, a la Joe Wicks and others.

So what I mean is to lose a stone or so of the the bad stuff, gain some lean muscle and generally spend 4 weeks improving my shape. Need to cut out the nightly crisp attacks and am still working on a substitute.

ourmaninthenorth

Without considering that this month’s charity activity is not drinking, turning 40 at the end of September gave me cause to think about my wellbeing*.

I’m not much of a drinker, but have recently been drinking more than I normally would. So, as part of the start of my midlife crisis I figured I’d have a month off drinking. I don;t drink enough for it to make a difference to my health, but every little helps.

Now, not eating a packet of biscuits in one go while sitting in a hotel room is going to be much more of a challenge!

*Fat, fair and forty….

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Sober October ?’ is closed to new replies.