Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • So why aren't you coming to the Big Bike Bash?
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

It is less than a week away and there are still some people here who haven't bought tickets.

TJ – He is in Holland so excused

a) To far away
    b) Don't like WorldClassAccident
    c) Can't be arsed
    d) I only exist on the internet and am scared of bikes
    e) Other – please explain

This is my last year promoting the Big Bike Bash as I habd over to UK Youth to run it in their own right. They werre interested in why people did, or didn't, come to the event. We have had loads of positive feed back so I am now trying to get the negative.

Normal STW take the piss answers expected.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

what is it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I AM coming to BBB, but can I choose B) anyway please?

😉

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Well I don't normally mention it but as you ask. It is a weekend bike festival and a weekend beer festival and a weekend music festival all happening at the same time in the New Forest. Check out this link and buy those tickets.

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/

scaredypants

this year I'm working Sat & elsewhere some of Sunday (and often struggle to get a whole weekend free from "other" stuff)

It's close enough that I could drop in once or twice over the weekend but I don't think that'd be anywhere near as much fun

(and I don't exist, even on the internet)

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Official photographers are 10 a penny.

I have rigged a roof mounted water gun to my truck so watch it.

U31
    Free Member

I cant come, i'm a figment of everyone's imagination…

Kevevs
    Free Member

a)
    e) working. Skint.

It sounds like a laugh.

ahwiles
    Free Member

(e) what is it?

(e) why would i want to?

no offence meant, but i don't really know much about it…

MrOvershoot

Would love to attend (looked like a great laugh last year) but its too far given my domestic situation so I guess that's an "a)" then.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

e) Had already booked a mtb camping trip elsewhere (Forest of Dean)

bruneep

a) Its 604 miles away

yunki
    Free Member

Taking my 1 year old son to watch.. The Wailers.. James.. The Levellers.. Krafty Cuts.. Dreadzone.. Easy Star All-Stars.. Neds Atomic Dustbin.. The Aggrolites.. The Slackers.. THe Alarm.. New model Army.. The Popes.. Subfocus.. Stereo MCs (DJ set).. Don Letts (DJ set).. Howard Marks.. and so on and so forth..

have a good one

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Looks cool.

I can't make it though as I'll be in India working. Shall look into it for next year though.

matt_outandabout

9 hours drive, with kids, to fart on bikes and canoes etc? Been doing that all week on holiday….

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Can someone post a link for ahwhile to last years peterpoddy thread. I am busy laminating the race plates.

cheers

Nick

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Working on the sunday, have a man coming to fix internet / tv in new student digs on the saturday.

Even if I was free its too far for a poor student 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

(a)

LMT
    Free Member

Working, and too far to head to when i finish work, would be handy to have a calendar of events 12 months in front? so i can book work holidays in advance!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member
    clubber
    Free Member

Don't have enough free weekends for mtbing as it is and although BBB sounds alright I also wonder if it's a bit beardy wierdy. That may of course be totally unfounded. Basically I'd prefer to save my weekends for trips away with mates or racing at events that I really like.

Oh and b) 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

cos it's 40 quid

donsimon
    Free Member

a) To far away (sic).

That said, I might be in the UK next year. 😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

okay, after looking at a few links, i would say:

(e) it looks like a great family-friendly event (i haven't got a family).

and

(e) i'm not inspired by the riding on offer* – the SSEC forest of dean treated us to lots of lovely trails.

(* judging from the photo's)

i wish you all the best of success – but those are the things not doing it for me.

mrchrispy

do one a bit further north and i'd be there in a shot!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

d)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Because there'll be loads of STWers there….

Tracker1972
    Free Member

a)
    c)
    e) busy with the family that weekend anyway.

Would like to get to more events that don't involve huge amounts of cycling, like the huge amounts of cycling don't get me wrong, but that can impinge on the social aspect at times (like when everyone leaves me behind).

konabunny
    Free Member

a) Wrong country.

Taking my 1 year old son to watch.. The Wailers.. James.. The Levellers.. Krafty Cuts.. Dreadzone.. Easy Star All-Stars.. Neds Atomic Dustbin.. The Aggrolites.. The Slackers.. THe Alarm.. New model Army.. The Popes.. Subfocus.. Stereo MCs (DJ set).. Don Letts (DJ set).. Howard Marks.. and so on and so forth..

ZOMG, you've invented a TIME MACHINE???

rj
    Free Member

a and c

yunki
    Free Member

ZOMG, you've invented a TIME MACHINE???

yerp.. I will no doubt have to encounter a bunch of ageing pillocks that used to wear german army surplus shirts to school as coats and mutter about their 'family problems' from behind their fringes.. all the while steadfastly refusing to engage in conversation with members of the opposite sex.. especially amongst members of their own cult of angst..

it will be like dawn of the dead.. but with better music.. and pretty lights and thaaaa'

simonralli2
    Free Member

I think it looks like a great event and very good value, but as I am in Scotland it's just too far. If it was up north I would be giving it a very serious consideration, as it looks like a good opportunity to meet people off of here who I haven't met yet.

sofaking
    Free Member

its a long way
    no on site camping
    my mrs cant drive
    maybe come another year and tie it in with a short break

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I wasn't aware it was happening. Perhaps if you posted some threads on this forum about it, I'd have known.

Oh, a) by the way.

Harry_the_Spider

Too far away for me.

dawson

numerous reasons.. its too far away, I haven't got a bike rack to get all the bikes on the car, I'm skint, we already have a weekend away booked in August, I haven't got a tent, the SO wouldn't want to come,

BUT,

I am drawn to the idea, and might look into something if it wasn't as far to travel – i'd like to get the kids into weekends camping and riding

pk-ripper
    Free Member

"family orientated" puts me right off.

works for some i'm sure, but i have no desire to spend time with other peoples families or people who regard berghaus as a fashion brand.

Will actually be in the new forest that weekend too – didn't realise they clashed!

iDave
    Free Member

it sounds hideous

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

So to summarise my extensive market research:

Positives
    1) It is in the south rather than miles away up north
    2) It is more about the social side rather than just racing
    3) It is family friendly but still rider focussed

Negatives
    1) It is in the south rather than miles away up north
    2) It is more about the social side rather than just racing
    3) It is family friendly rather than purely rider focussed

Sounds like I have got it about right then. I could franchise the idea to some northerners perhaps.

I know that the Hit The North team are bored and looking for a new event to host. 😉

Cheers

Nick

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘So why aren't you coming to the Big Bike Bash?’ is closed to new replies.