Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So Whats Happen down the Bluebell trail to take the jumps out.FOD.
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They were never very big other than the gap jump down the end but they have taken out the first one then that very little double and the lump before you cross the fire road,at this one if you go to right you end up in a lot of loose soil much more hairy than before plus the gap jump is flattened so any ideas!!!Dowies are all still there.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Maybe people didn’t like the messing about with what was a natural line. I remove some jumps that are added to a current line.

ART

Our thoughts exactly when we rode through there yesterday … random, messy and hazardous for some in a way that trail as it stood wasn’t in the slightest… ho hum. Was all still there last Sat.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The original trail has been like that for years why change it?? that’s the only problem with the Forest these days less you live down there people keep changing it look at Y2k that changed week after week I suppose you just have to take it easy down the trails if you have not been down there for a few weeks just in case plenty of trails that have not been messed about with.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I didn’t do that one though. Only the old ones that have suddenly been made nasty. Maybe a change is nice though?

russyh
    Free Member

Worth joint the DTV Facebook group for updates on what’s being built where. Granted this is only official stuff really. Not aware of anything ‘bad’ happening at Bluebells. It’s getting tot the time of year when that trail becomes properly rideable again. It’s been fairly lethal over the winter. I had heard it had been destroyed but not sure who by? Will do some digging see if I can find out more

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its not bad just different I know a while back the other two bluebell trails were flattened with those bigggg gap jumps I was told that was the forestry don’t know how true that was.The loose bits just need bedding in that’s all the trail is fine just seems odd to take out such small jumps where back over the fire road at the Dowies they are way bigger Hay Ho did it later again after Shutcastle and you soon get use to it maybe I am to set in my ways with that trail 😆

russyh
    Free Member

I was told it had been taken out completely? Which the FC normally do when someone crocs themselves. But not heard of any of that. I only rode the very end of BB yesterday whilst cutting across to parkend so hadn’t seen what had been done. We are doing an evening ride over that part of the forest tomorrow so will take a look myself

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I did wonder if that’s what it was about talking to couple of guys at the bottom of Dowies 5 which is the one off the knoll to the left don’t know its real name 🙂

burko73

The FC don’t like gap jumps. Especially gap jumps where the gap has a massive hole (although I’m talking generally and haven’t seen the jump at FoD) from where the spoil for the jumps has been mined from etc. A lot of the time these features end up with holes either side of the jump line as well making it perilous for anyone who wants to bail. Gap jumps don’t allow you to bail out and roll them and they are dangerous if you undercook it and hit the face of the landing slope.

Don’t forget, FC land is public land and there’s all types of people riding about.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Went down it yesterday. All its done is make it a lot faster. Problem when you sanitise the trail. They weren’t jumps, sort of big bumps. No holes in the trail. Its now faster and potentially dangerous because of the speed. Shows a lack of understanding IMHO. And for balance I think the filling in of the gap jump on javelin was a good idea.

Trails fine BTW, 31kph average speed. TBH maybe that’s too fast and I’m certainly not the fastest! If it had more bumps and turns it would decrease speed and increase safety plus fun.

Dowies ‘et al’ same as ever thankfully. One of the best trails I’ve ridden.

russyh
    Free Member

So I rode Bluebells the other day the middle trail has had the gaps/ jumps destroyed trouble is they have left a massive hole now so it actually looks more dangerous. Also looks like the drop at the end has been taken out which is not a surprise as I always found it particularly savage

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So Whats Happen down the Bluebell trail to take the jumps out.FOD.’ is closed to new replies.