Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • So today's ride….
  • Pook

Early morning start – still baking hot. Lovely, fast dusty loop with Hora of this parish. Very chilled, brilliant riding, followed by an 11am pint.

Cracking start to a cracking day.

rOcKeTdOg

just been out, 17 miles in 1hr 23, i think i have actually melted

shermer75
    Free Member

I can’t remember a better day’s riding. Amazing! 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

I actually bottled it! I was going to go first thing but wanted to go and look at a car and the guy could only do late morning which scuppered my morning ride. By the time I got back it was so hot I decided to stay in the cool and flick between the Tour and the ashes.

Hangs head in shame…

Hareydan
    Free Member

25 miles of dusty Quantocks loveliness, complete with a pub lunch. Was even pretty quiet up there as most people seem to head to the coast when it’s this hot 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

pjm84
    Free Member

108km recovery ride on the road bike around the Forest. 4hrs and 4litres. I have melted

dibboid
    Free Member

Mindmap. Where do you usually ride?

rocketman
    Free Member

… followed by an 11am pint

Had only just woken up 😉

Went out just before 2, absolutely slayed it. Had a Magnum on the way back, justvfinished a meal & wine outside

Epic

SOAP
    Free Member

Afan W2 26miles of hot hot hot dusty trails.
    Leg cramping on the last few baby climbs. (Never had that before)
    I guess it was dehydration.

DavidB
    Free Member

24 miles from Kinlochleven to Ben Nevis. Carried CX bike to top then down again. My purist three peaks is done.

stanfree
    Free Member

40 miles on the road bike , managed 38 1/2 of those at 19.3mph which is good for a chubber like me.
    At least 5 degrees cooler than yesterday which was great to ride in.

godzilla
    Free Member

Swaledale with an old pal, got roasted to F*** , met some top fellas in the pub from Burnley.

Bunnyhop

RoCkEtDog – that’s great.

3 of us went over to Whaley Bridge. Just nobody else around, so the urge for mega cheekyness was too great. We found some great dry swoopy singletrack, then the boys had a dip in a cooling stream, whole head in and everything.

steve_b77
    Free Member

19km to a BBQ on the cross bike, 3 pints of Bulmers B17, a chicken breast, a pork chop and a load of cuscus followed by 19km in the other direction on the cross bike along bridle ways & forest paths.

I’m parched, dusty & covered in corn flies, winner!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Actually have the whole weekend off! Road ride from Deganwy, through Conwy down the B-road to Betws-Y-Coed, up to Capel Curig, down through Ogwen Valley to Bethesda, back through Rachub above the A55 through Llanfairfecan and back to The Albion in Conwy. Proper, proper stunning ride:D Beer is tasting ohh so good right now. Up the Glyders tomorrow. I love SUNNNNN!!!

birky
    Free Member

70 mile road ride; Crieff, Lochearnhead, Killin, Kenmore, Amulree, Crieff. Lovely day.

Alex

DavidB – i hope you’ve left enough time in your hols to see a proper therapist. What next ‘CX on the moon’. Chapeau sir, but you are a nutter 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

haha, didn’t see DavidB’s post. What a maniac! Brilliant 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Swaledale with my usual riding mate, met some guys up from daarn Saarf who were staying at DBC. It rained a bit at the end & we got drenched.

22 miles.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aberfoyle,Ben Lomond, down to to Rowardennan, Balmaha, over Conic hill and back to Aberfoyle.
    45miles, 5463ft of climbing and the best day on the bike this year, awesome!

munkyboy
    Free Member

Too hot at ae today. Saw one of those 8 k enve bronsons being ragged down the shredder. Maybe it was a mirage

mrelectric

Sat in the sun for a tan & an overheating high, waited until 7 when it was cooler then a fast run 2hr round Baildon Moor. Beer really tastes better after a cracking ride.

hora
    Free Member

Im just loading the car again 8)

Haze

Just a wee bimble round the Haute Alps today 🙂

kayak23

Hours and hours of off piste follow your nose Forest of Dean. Fantastic day.
    Had to go and ride the drop in the sore back video….. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is canceled, it started to rain at 9am and hasn’t stopped since 🙁 winter’s not as much fun

bikebouy
    Free Member

I paddleboarded all day. Low water in the Harbour, no wind, mahooosive Sun, clean warm water, hardly anyone around until about 12ish when all the Dingo sailors ventured out for the racing.

Bloody flippin fabulous it was.

However I’ve chosen the short straw today as I’m in That London.. Could be worse, could be really hot 30C 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘So today's ride….’ is closed to new replies.