• This topic has 49 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hels.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • So one one the younger guy at works just said…….
  • footflaps

add to my friend’s worry his son has started using creatine and my friend is worried he will move on to something stronger.

Creatine is pretty harmless, I take it every day and am still here….

bearnecessities

Creatine is pretty harmless, I take it every day and am still here….

You’re an old fart though. 🙂 I can see why someone would be worried about essentially a kid, taking supplements and where that may lead.

Northwind

perchypanther – Member

That’s a bit much. He’ll cry himself to sleep tonight……on his huge pillow.

I was this close to typing heid as well. Not everyone has our appreciation of great art.

km79
    Free Member

Creatine is pretty harmless

Many would disagree with you.

footflaps

Many would disagree with you.

I don’t doubt that, but given it’s massive popularity and the complete lack of related medical issues, it’s got to be in the ‘mostly harmless’ category.

Eg

In 2004 the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) published a record which stated that oral long-term intake of 3g pure creatine per day is risk-free.

I’d be more worried about the consumption of Monster / Redbull energy drinks by today’s yoof than Creatine supplementation.

CountZero

seadog101 – Member
    Does he mean your physique is beyond help now at the ripe old age of 38? Does he think he’s too skinny? He’ll be on the protein shakes next.
    It baffles me that many of the younger guys I work with are in such a shabby flabby state. Why? You’re young and have everything at your disposal to be able to mantain a healthy set of dimensions. FFS, they seem to live off fags too!
    I Work offshore, and on our rig everyone gets 12 hours off per day, there’re are two really well equipped gyms, food is good, and you aren’t forced to eat the pies and gravy each meal (tempting though that is as the pies are quite good!).
    In many ways I wonder how someone under 30, doing a non-sedantary job, can keep such potbellied, slack limbbed, bejowelled frame.
    I’m 47, somehow, and manage to maintain a respectable calories in to calories out balance. Theres a few squidgy bits which Id love to dispose of, but overall I reckon Im in decent shape with too many sacrifices.

Recently dug a couple of pairs of Levis out of the wardrobe, fitted pretty well. I’m 61, I last wore them twenty-five – thirty years ago… 😀

In 2004 the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) published a record which stated that oral long-term intake of 3g pure creatine per day is risk-free.

Wasn’t tobacco once sold on its health-giving qualities?

orangeorange
    Free Member

I’ve always seen Creation as a bit of a gateway drug …

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Responding with “I’m too sexy for my shirt” followed by the dance, would have ensured he never raised the topic again.

LMAO

along with

cut his feet off

hels
    Free Member

Tell your friend there are other reasons young men spend an inordinate amount of time at the gym, with other young men. He may be worrying over nothing.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So one one the younger guy at works just said…….’ is closed to new replies.