Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • So, flight booking and pricing.
  • mactheknife

A bunch of us are heading out to Finale at the end of May. Had a gander online and Easyjet do flights from Edinburgh from Nice. So far so good. As is the price at the moment. So how do prices fluctuate as it gets nearer the time? Do they steadily rise / fall / bounce all over the place?

Cheers all.

imnotverygood

Price depends on demand. If the seats sell quickly, they go up.. if they don’t, they drop them. Simples ( although the airlines actually use quite complicated algorithms to decide the price)

mactheknife

Good stuff, ill just keep my eye on it then.

thepurist

My experience of easyjet is that the price seems to go up every time you check it… Use private browsing and different ip addresses if you can.

nickjb
    Free Member

I doubt you’ll be able to beat the system. Its hard to predict. You might get lucky though. If its a big group the price may go up as you buy if you all buy individual tickets so best to buy in a group (or get yours first)

deadkenny
    Free Member

More than just you checking it pushing prices up. They can go up if you’ve got friends checking it then you check even on different devices. Have had this before with big group and everyone individually checking prices. Worse when they actually start booking. Best to book as a group.

whitestone
    Free Member

Check prices using one browser or computer, book using another. The sites remember that you’ve visited (they put a cookie on your browser) and when you go back they bump the prices up because you are interested. If you feel up to it then deleting the cookie will also cause the site to “forget” you’ve visited before.

antigee

thepurist – Member
    My experience of easyjet is that the price seems to go up every time you check it… Use private browsing and different ip addresses if you can

my theory on this is clear the cookies each time

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP we have discussed this before. There is no formula, the pricing algorithms are quite complex and yes they do track your prior usage / cookies. Early release pieces are fairly low to get seats booked, they know some of those bookings will probably be no-shows as people just take an option. My view is .. they steadily go up typically before a dip for sales in last few weeks if places are still available, if plane is quite full then last min prices are high.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘So, flight booking and pricing.’ is closed to new replies.