Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Snowdonia….but not snowdon
  • pedlad

Going away with some mates for a weekend in September and trying to find out if there are any good xc routes. We are a mixed ability group (hence no snowdon) and are based near llyn ogwen.

Any ideas or even better kml files would be great.

Sandwich

Have a look at the Telegraph Valley route in the Vertebrate Graphics book. Goes up alongside of Snowdon. It drops you on the un-restricted part of the Ranger path for a cracking descent. Turn Right at the bottom and then right again in the next village to get back to Llanberis.
    The slate quarries are a long road pull to the top followed by a most excellent descent through the quarry terracing.
    Also try the route that goes from Gwern Gof Uchaf to Trefiw and back over the Pinnacles to Capel Curig.

pedlad

Great thanks will check os map. Does anyone have kml files for rides round there

RustySpanner

Have a look at the Bikefax guidebook as well, loads of great riding round there.

From Ogwen, there’s a nice circuit round Moel Y Ci and through Dinorwic quarry, as mentioned above.

Conwy mountain is a bit of a cracker too.

Loads more threads with specific details if you hunt around a bit.

Oh, and if you’ve got newer riders with you, don’t bother with the Llyn Colwyd/Llyn Crafnant route that someone will suggest shortly.
    The less experienced members of your party will lynch you, before throwing their bikes and your still twitching corpse into the depths of Llyn Idwal.
    Not an easy route by any means.

Vortexracing

Conwy mountain is a cracker. Just typing this sat on the beach looking up at it. 😀 i have some gpx files of various options if you want to mail me.

pedlad

Thanks all – Vortexracing – those gpx files would be great I’ll see if I can pm you my email address

pedlad

FAO Sandwich – I’ve been looking at the Trefiw route you mentioned on the OS map but can’t work out the route back to Capel Curig – Which area is the “pinnacles” you mention?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Snowdonia….but not snowdon’ is closed to new replies.