Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Snowdon rangers path pics please!!!
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m after some nice pics of the rangers descent, particularly the tech sections to impress work mates with.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

From this time last year:

P4290032 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

P4290031 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

hp_source

Not exactly techy, but that darker line is the start of the path before is decends into the cloud!

and then the zig zag line is the bottom, when you drop out the other side of the cloud…. much loose rockyness in between!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Good stuff, keep them coming.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Pics taken by FBK on ‘ere:

and a few taken by me:

Mike_D
    Free Member

RobHilton
    Free Member

Ahhh… happy days

pussywillow
    Free Member

Why so many DH lids? Sure it’s a tasty descent but it ain’t that hard….. At all! 🙄

kayak23

Show them this blokes vid innit…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZgoxhilGoY[/video]

woody2000

Why so many DH lids? Sure it’s a tasty descent but it ain’t that hard..

Why do these threads always bring out the willy waving c*ck jockeys? They’re wearing them because they want to – end of!

Nice pics – definitely on my list of things to do this year 🙂

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I presume that people want to protect the things that are worth protecting, thus: if you are a beautiful person it’s worth protecting your face with a full face lid.

Therefore: Ugly people can afford to wear open face lids.

HTH

Shackleton

woody2000 +1

If you feel happier wearing a full lid then why not wear one? As you are going to carry a helmet up anyway why not take the most protective one you have?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Why so many DH lids? Sure it’s a tasty descent but it ain’t that hard….. At all!

Cos you look silly wearing goggles with a regular helmet.

Why the googles? Cos it’s faaaaaast down from the train tracks & without them you’ll be crying so hard you won’t see the killer sheep hiding behind the big rocks waiting to pounce on you & send you flying*.

*True story** – I have video evidence.

**Slightly elaborated

Anyhoo, I don’t wear a full-face for hard descents, rather for ones I’ll be going at a decent speed on and, should I crash, will be doing so quite out of control, possibly hitting my head/face/flailing limbs off the ground/trees/rocks etc.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Doesn’t really matter what the descent is like… if you fall off at even 5 mph onto gravel face first your going to **** your face up. If your doing 20mph down a rocky hillside and make a mistake your going to really **** your face up.

Everyone makes their own choice and compromises… plus it’s bloody cold up there so a full face and goggles keeps you warm.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And it descends into another helmet thread……

ampthill

I sometime wonder if full face should be a norm, for me. Most of the yeat they must be fine. I think we get caught up in whats the norm for riders like us

i’ve never worn one

Its particularly stupid to be rude about other people wearing them. Its their face not yours

I_Ache
    Free Member

No pics of the actual hard bits but here are a couple from it. This was in March this year, it was way too sunny to be doing it we all ended up with comedy sunburn.

As for helmets if you have one why not wear it? a cock up at the speeds you can get to going down there will be very messy.

Near Summit of Snowdon by i_ache, on Flickr

Erm no lads its to the right. by i_ache, on Flickr

The second pic is taken from just on the far side of the lake thats in the first one. You can just about make out the zig zags in the second pic.

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Full face and pads are needed cuz its stupidly fast and very rocky.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Full face and pads are needed cuz its stupidly fast and very rocky.

Errr…. No it ain’t that bad! I suppose if all yer used to us trail centres then fair enough!
    All I’m trying to say is that u look a cock coming down that wi a DH lid on! My opinion ok!!!
    U’r giving us serious dhillers a bad name that’s all! 😉

pussywillow
    Free Member

woody2000 – Member
    Why so many DH lids? Sure it’s a tasty descent but it ain’t that hard..
    Why do these threads always bring out the willy waving c*ck jockeys? They’re wearing them because they want to – end of!
    Nice pics – definitely on my list of things to do this year
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

😆 u obviously wear one too!! 😆

Aristotle
    Free Member

The Snowdon Ranger was good when I did it a few years ago. It was long and rocky, but didn’t stand out as particularly dodgy/dangerous or exposed, but I do often ride rocky trails. As above, it must depend upon what you are used to.

The tricky bit I do remember was getting my front wheel stuck in a narrow rock gully/channel on a ‘zig-zag’.

I’d like to try the other descents too.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Pussy, do you try to come across as a ****?

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

He’s a troll! Stop feeding him and he’ll stop typing nonsense 😉

RobHilton
    Free Member

Bad pussywillow! Norty!

Although… what is bad – in your estimation?

pussywillow
    Free Member

littlegirlbunny – Member
    He’s a troll! Stop feeding him and he’ll stop typing nonsense
    POSTED 15 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Touched a nerve!!? 😆
    I’m not a troll I’m just saying its very much over kill is wearing all that armour! And it gives a bad image to us serious riders. That is all. Thank you. 😀

RobHilton
    Free Member

Where do you serious riders ride, Rob would like to know?
    Where is bad?*

Bad meaning good of course – in a Run DMC kinda way.

mikeyd
    Free Member

On a very wet morning in the summer of 2010, up Llanberis, down Rangers… (on a hardtail with F.all travel)

pinhead
    Free Member

Pussywillow where you ride etc?
    finally someone who knows the score!!

qwerty
    Free Member

gnarrtastic

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

postridecake
    Free Member

I last rode snowdon 2 years ago now, i did it on my rigid ss with ease, as for the full face helmets lads!!!!!! C’mon you’re takin the piss, no wonder the hikers are giving us bikers a bad name when you come pootling past looking like a thug or a stormtrooper not even giving them the time of day!!! Disgraceful!! Tut tut.

grum
    Free Member

Cool pics.

Christ there are some nobs/lame trolls on here though.

_tom_
    Free Member

I wore my full face and knee pads as i didn’t really know what to expect and it looked quite rocky/techy so thought i would probably come off at some point! It wasn’t too bad though and i got annoyed having the ff after the most rocky bits as it levels out loads and gets really hot.

mintimperial

It wasn’t too bad

Well I thought the Ranger path was insanely hard. I had to carry my bike down the really rocky bit of it (I wasn’t wearing pads or full-face, though, cos I don’t own any of that stuff, being an XC mincer and all). Fair play to anyone who can ride it top to bottom – whatever kit you use you’re pretty **** good on a bike by any normal standards.

Simon

Rode down the Ranger path and Telegraph bridleway at the beginning of April but was having too much fun to take any pics!

Padded up with knee/shin pads to protect against flying rocks more than anything. Didn’t bother with a FF but did wear goggles which raised a few laughs at the top. The laughing soon stopped when everyone’s eyes were streaming and I could still see where I was going 8)

We were really lucky with the weather, clear and sunny for the whole day.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Thinking of doing this at some point this year. Seem to remember hearing something about restrictions at certain times of the year? What’s the deal?

Lifer
    Free Member

pussywillow – Member
    Why so many DH lids? Sure it’s a tasty descent but it ain’t that hard….. At all!

Depends how fast you ride.

kayak23

Thinking of doing this at some point this year. Seem to remember hearing something about restrictions at certain times of the year? What’s the deal?

Snowdon agreement

pussywillow
    Free Member

Didn’t bother with a FF but did wear goggles which raised a few laughs at the top. The laughing soon stopped when everyone’s eyes were streaming and I could still see where I was going

Good point is this! Wearing goggles is practical and not overkill as it stops shite getting in yer eyes, whereas full face just looks rediculous and is not needed! Full stop! I see people wearing them all the time going 5mph downhill! If yer going to come off at that speed then you need no more than a trail lid! This is my opinion though.

Lifer – Member
    pussywillow – Member
    Depends how fast you ride.
    POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Exactly lifer and well put! Like I say the majority of riders don’t go fast enough to compensate wearing them!

sambob
    Free Member

What if your chin landed on a rock at 5mph? Still going to make a bloody mess, why not just be able to get back up and carry on?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon rangers path pics please!!!’ is closed to new replies.