Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Snowboard Service Bristol
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Can anybody recommend somebody to service my board?
    Got a couple of grooves in the base from patchy snow last week.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Snow and Rock service centre should be good.

https://www.snowandrock.com/store-bristol/content/fcp-content

From what I know they send all the boards to the Snow Centre in Hemel where they get serviced and then sent back out.

Stoner
    Free Member

it was very satisfying learning to do my own the other season. Bought some wax, found a suitable scraper (like an ice scraper), and bought a £5 iron from argos. The only thing I didnt get a tool for was for tuning edges. Youtube is your friend for teaching vids. And it’s really not difficult.

russ295
    Free Member

I have serviced my own and others for years. Get a cheap iron. Scraper. Some wax, I use data wax from jib tuning.
    Some beer and newspaper as the scrapings get everywhere.
    Gentle heat on the iron until the wax drips off it but doesn’t smoke and off you go.
    Have a few beers whilst it cools down and scrape off. Finish with a scotchbrite pad.
    Then back to the beer!
    Job done.

plumber
    Free Member

there is absolutely no reason to service a board other than take off the edge

teadrinker
    Free Member

I would also agree doing it yourself but couldnt be bothered to type that.

devash
    Free Member

It is super-easy to do yourself.

Waxing – £5 cheap clothes iron (preferably a non-steam one as the wax can clog the steam holes), wax around £2 a block from ebay, length of straight perspex to use as a scraper (couple of quid).

Edge tuning / detuning – edge tool £10 delivered from ebay. File and diamond file blocks a couple of quid from any DIY shop.

Base repair – for an extruded base its hardly worth fixing minor dinks as the board will generally run ok. For decent sintered bases you can buy some UV cure Solarez repair for around a tenner on ebay. Serious dents / core shots usually require a PTEX stick.

The only thing I’ve ever needed doing at a shop was a stone-grind on the base of a pair of sintered skis.

legend
    Free Member

plumber – Member

there is absolutely no reason to service a board other than take off the edge

what now?

GrahamS

OP: do the “grooves in the base” need filling in? (i.e. are they deep and well into the ptex?) If so then you’ll need a ptex candle, rather than just wax.

Still easy enough to do at home – though I have used snow+rock before to do some more extensive base repairs (after I drunkenly rode my board down an icy road we encountered halfway down an off piste bit! :oops:)

what now?

+1!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Snowboard Service Bristol’ is closed to new replies.