Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Smuggler Shock Tune 2015 vs 2016
  • mrski1

Does anyone know what the differences in rear shock tune is between the first year smuggler and the new frame?

bigjim

now comes with 2 bottomless rings fitted as standard. I did this to my 2015 based on the VitalMTB rockshox tuning video where they used the Smuggler as the test mule. Makes it more gooder for sure.

mrski1

now comes with 2 bottomless rings fitted as standard. I did this to my 2015 based on the VitalMTB rockshox tuning video where they used the Smuggler as the test mule. Makes it more gooder for sure.

I was hoping it would just be more betterer, but more gooder sounds like its the bestest!

I have also been considering replacing the shock with an RC3, mainly because I like the look of it, but I wonder if the RC3 would make much of a difference over the Monarch RT3? I will certainly be replacing the XFusion fork next year though!

bigjim

Not used the RC3 but I really like the Monarch RT3 debonair that comes with the bike, it’s more betterer than the Float on my old bike.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

RT3 Debonair is way better than the standard RT3 on my old bike IMO.

mrski1

I will give the tokens a try before I make any decisions on swapping the shock, its the RT3 Debonair that I have too.

Lusting after the new XFusion Revel X forks though!

roverpig

Is that all there is to the new shock tune then; a couple of bottomless rings? As it happens I’ve just removed the rings on my 2016 model. Most of the reviews of the original bike talked about how it felt bottomless anyway and even without the rings it seems quite progressive enough for a mincer like me. But I guess it’s good to have the option.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Smuggler Shock Tune 2015 vs 2016’ is closed to new replies.