Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Smorgasbord Trail Extreme out of stock, what are they copying?
  • alexdodd
    Free Member

Need a new rear tyre, I’ve had a Smorgasbord trail extreme on the back for quite a while, i’m pretty easily pleased with tyres I don’t expect a moon on a stick, I’d buy those again, but they’re not in stock.

So what tyres are they copying, or rebranded from, I know they’re made by maxxis, but I can’t see what tyres are similar. Don’t care for which brand at all, and of course cheaper is better, but you can’t have it all.

Oh and its 26″ because i’m ancient – I wish I’d bought the Smorgasbord’s whilst they were cheap and in stock!

Thinking about going tubeless too (always putting it off), so considerations of that too, but pretty much anything will go tubeless generally i feel, i’ve got a compressor and i’d vaguely be willing to faff. So i doubt that’s a requirement.

dantsw13

I’m pretty certain the Smorgs and CM were designed from scratch.

mrbiker473
    Free Member

Ive plenty of them if you’d want one? Im sure ive one not even fitted, but if not they have more than 80% life left in them?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The casing is Ardent EXO but the tread is there own designed by Shiggy of MTBR forum

kimbers

the smorgs were designed on-one by a guy called shiggy??, they just use a standard maxxis carcass to do it, tread pattern is all their own

alexdodd
    Free Member

thanks fr0sty125 but i’ll be getting some new rubber, kind ofer though 🙂

Cool guys nice to know! I guess I’ll just put a captain on the back, that’ll probably do, purgatory or when its a bit messy out. 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

The Smorgasbord goes tubeless on Stans rims without a compressor – I’d get the Enduros that are in stock and go for it 🙂

icarus
    Free Member

Anyone know the differences between Enduro and Trail Extreme please?

tmb467
    Free Member

Trail Extreme has sticky rubber on the edges

Enduro doesn’t.

rickon
    Free Member

Enduro on the rear will be spot on, 60a all over is plenty grippy and good rolling.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Smorgasbord Trail Extreme out of stock, what are they copying?’ is closed to new replies.