Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • smelly mtb shoes very very smelly
  • seizednuts
    Free Member

OK So heres the rub, come back from a good ride the other week noticed a bad smell from the kit bag when igot home. traced the offending items to the shoes. No worrys hosed them out and left them for the rain to wash threw. One week later and they still stick a bit like cats pee to be honest.

Cant put them in the washing machine the wife would go proper nuts and i dont think studs will do the insides anygood.

So whats the SOP… Jet wash? Dish washer though thats me in this house?

scaredypants

bucket of water with some bio washing powder ?

muddyman
    Free Member

Try soaking in biological washing powder with warm water Let the buggs eat your smells away then let them dry slow indoors would be my advice .

andyl
    Free Member

Clean all the big chunks of mud off and then put them inside something like a couple of pairs of welly socks and then in the washing machine. Remove any metal studs and cleats etc.

(don’t blame me if you ruin the machine or your shoes!)

crikey
    Free Member

Um, they are probably dead to you now.

I had a new pair of bike shoes that got worn for a road race through a rural community in the rain, and the slurry washing off the fields ruined them for ever.

Try soaking in a bucket overnight with a weakish solution of bleach, then leave them to dry, then put some bicarbonate of soda in for a week or so.

banks
    Free Member

bicarb of soda, shove a load in the shoes & leave for a few days & shake out. BoS worked for me when i threw up all over my bed in me sleep

globalti
    Free Member

Yes give them a wash and make sure you always dry them with the insoles out, for some reason the footbeds get really stinky.

If you’ve got athlete’s foot it won’t be helping because that makes your feet smell. Buy a fungicide spray (Dr Scholl) and spray all your shoes and get some Canestan, the thrush version has 2% clotrimazole against the athlete’s foot version, which only has 1%. Treat the athlete’s foot and spray the shoes weekly until it’s all cleared up.

solarpowered
    Free Member

banks – Member
    bicarb of soda, shove a load in the shoes & leave for a few days & shake out. BoS worked for me when i threw up all over my bed in me sleep
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Definitely the correct advice! Although i have no experience at all with vomiting in bed….If for whatever reason the bicarbonate [/i]Doesn’t work then wrap them in old pillow cases and wash on cool in wash machine.
    GOOD LUCK!

JAG

OK – clean them until they look nice and new/shiny.

Then put them in a plastic bag, tie the top of the bag and pop them in the Freezer for two days.

-22 Celsius kills the bacteria that are responsible for the smell.

althepal

Used to do the same as JAG with my stinking footie boots- works a treat!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘smelly mtb shoes very very smelly’ is closed to new replies.