Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Slow ride around Lordswood Southampton Thursday evening – possibly Sunday too
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The normal 6:30pm ride tomorrow night starting from near the gas station and finishing between 8-8:30pm with a possible beer/cider.

Also planning a ride around on Sunday morning about 10:30am if anyone wants to see what it looks like in the day time. There will be more opportunity to actually identify the locations and trails.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Cant make this week. 🙁 😥

mattbee

There for Thursday eve but working Sunday.

benjbish

I’m coming along on Thursday but can’t make Sunday unfortunately.

FieldMarshall

Really enjoyed last week so hope to be there on Thurs.

But don’t wait for me as might be late depending on work/traffic.

Can’t do Sun.

DT78
    Free Member

Maybe – depends when I finish work.

richardwake1231
    Free Member

I’m going to try and make it if I get either of my bikes back from the menders.

nixie

Think I’m going to be missing this one :(. Still got glossing to do before the carpets arrive!

richardwake1231
    Free Member

Bikes fixed I will be there.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It won’t be a fast ride, I have twunked my shoulder again 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Wrap up. I have just been down to the garage and it is distinctly nippy.

DT78
    Free Member

Well just finished work 🙁 hope you had fun

mattbee

Afraid so, although personally my head and hands didn’t seem to be connected properly. made millions of silly mistakes on the singletrack bits and got quite annoyed with myself…

Can’t make next Thurs as I will be dog sitting, but Nick is going to take me for a ‘see what it looks like in daylight’ ride on Saturday (22nd) am, not sure who else is coming but am sure the more the merrier. I’m meeting him at his @ 10:30.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yep, Sunday morning slow ride has become a Sunday morning slow ride. 10:30 at my house or about 10:45 at the gas pressure station.

About an hour or so of showing people the basic routes and how to find stuff and then just general riding.

I am also working on the route map which I will try to post up somewhere when I finish it.

FieldMarshall

Great ride last night. And not even spoilt by my bar light falling off and getting jammed in my front wheel.

Trails were still really dry. And so was the cider 😆

Hoping to be there on Sat too.

mattbee

My DX light finally turned up this morning…

FieldMarshall

No excuses for being slow next Thurs then! 😉

Still waiting for my new spare, although I managed to fix the one that got jammed in my wheel last night

Zoolander
    Free Member

Ooh cider?
    I may be talked into Sunday if there’s cider!
    ( probably will be there with Dan (chojin) and maybe a couple of others anyhow) have yet to ride that way – looking forward to it 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cider is reserved for the Thursday night club I am afraid 🙁

Riding is still good on Sunday and the Chilworth Arms (The Clump) is open for drinks.

I will be out Sunday about 11ish so say hello to the fat bloke on a Scott Strike

ucantbesirius
    Free Member

Hi @worldclassaccident,

I was riding at Lordswood last Sunday and got talking to a guy on a silver On-One who out with his son on an orange framed bike. He suggested that I look out for your posts. If it’s okay, could I join you for the Sunday ride tomorrow? I normally ride over through past the athletics track and up to Coxford Road – is this near the meeting point?

Cheers,
    Adrian

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hi Adrian – You must have met Ian last Sunday. I will be out tomorrow from about 11am if you want to meet at the gas pressure reducing station near the Coxford Rd entrance.

This is the same place we meet at 6:30 on Thursday nights for the night rides.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Cheers for the tour of lordswood this morning WCA. I’ll certainly be back. (I’ll bring a full compliment of brakes next time aswell! Never good to see a pool of brake fluid in the van at the start of a ride)

zambucco
    Free Member

I know this post is 10 months old, I ventured to Lord’s Wood for the first time today, got hopelessly lost, got absolutely knackered, got the bug!

Is there anybody still doing guided tours, just to make my life a little easier?

basstronic
    Free Member

Yes, should be out for a slow ride with my son in the morning meeting at the bike park at 10:30, i can show you around a few trails.

FieldMarshall

Zambucco.

I would be very wary of going to the woods with Basstronic or any of his friends. Especially if one of his mates offers you a ride on his tranny.

richen987
    Free Member

Touch harsh, the tranny is a beaut to ride and never disapoints, have a good ride its a lot of fun down there.

benjbish

Don’t forget your chapeau…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Slow ride around Lordswood Southampton Thursday evening – possibly Sunday too’ is closed to new replies.