Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Slash at The NIA
  • votchy
    Free Member

Went to see Slash last night at the NIA in brum with my two sons, excellent performance in my opinion, however, couldn’t help feeling sorry for the band as the crowd seemed very flat, we were seated so my kids could see but those in the standing area seemed very loathe to join in, very little movement, clapping, singing along etc. The adjacent car park was full of new premium cars (Audi, BMW, Merc etc) as we left, does this suggest middle aged, middle managers can’t let their hair down????

davidjones15
    Free Member

can’t let their hair down????

What hair?

votchy
    Free Member

What hair?

Lol, there wasn’t many with a full head of the stuff…

blaggers
    Free Member

Hey I was down there rocking!!!! Atmosphere was pretty good round me – can’t beat rocking out to paradise city!!. It looked like all the people in the seats stayed seated !?! Couldn’t you stand up?

Cars could have been to do with Conservative Party conference next door at the concert hall. There was a weird mix of people in the bars afterwards.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I once saw Slayer playing in Edinburgh (Playhouse I think at the top of Leith Walk?) and it was all seating. That was interesting….. 🙄

xcgb
    Free Member

Going to Brixton tomorrow, cant wait! smaller venue so should be good

spudnick
    Free Member

i was up in the seats last night also and thought the standing area was abit still but ive never seen so many people sitting down and not even air drumming or guitaring up by where i was ( i was one of the air drummers that was really giving it some though, i couldnt pass it up ). Great gig though, nice n loud, great riffs and Miles Kennedy sounded ace

Nick

sparkyrhino

enjoyed them at Donnington this year,Miles is a good substitute for the wingy ginge.
    LOL at sat down watching Slayer…..

Gordy
    Free Member

I know what you mean but don’t feel too sorry for them. They can cry into their millions. ;O)

Saw them in Edinburgh on Sunday and it was a good gig.

xcgb
    Free Member

Saw them in Brixton Last night. Wow what a gig, the crowd were certainly up for it, place was rammed, gotta love Slash! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Slash at The NIA’ is closed to new replies.