Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Slack head angled 100mm forked hardtail frame?
  • jupiter
    Free Member

I'm after a new frame. What I want is something like the old Kona Cowan (2007), slack head angle, suitable for a 100mm fork, long and low. The Cowan was almost perfect in a 15.5 for what I was after (didn't really need the sliding drop outs, the seat angle was a bit slack and the bb was a bit tall but no real problem, and it had downtube bottle mounts!) If Ragley did a 16" Mmmbop in 100mm fork version that would be the biz. I don't really need a huge fork 100mm (120mm max), a light-ish but tough frame. Any ideas?

matthew_h
    Free Member

On One Summer Season would seem to fit the bill if they're still available

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Standard inbred? nice and steady on the downhills. Cheap and indestructible.. Don't know about light though.

Swayndo
    Free Member

On-One Summer Season sounds like what you are looking for.

jupiter
    Free Member

The Summer Season is nearly there, just wish it was lighter, and in aluminium (going against the UK steel trend)

mamadirt
    Free Member

There's a 15" Y2K Kona Roast on ebay at the mo' which would fit the bill.

househusband

Charge Blender? Am pretty sure it's for forks at the shorter end of the scale, with a 68deg HA.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Commencal Absolute 4x-68degrees with slack ht insert.
    Or Titane 4x-67degrees (bit pricey tho).Have had a quick rip round on Affy's,very nice (as well it should be an all).

jupiter
    Free Member

Not after a 4x bike, but a 4x influenced xc bike, so O-O summer season in aluminium,old Mountain Cycle Rumble or old Kona Cowan/Stuff (which were classed as jump/4x bikes but were a bit xc/tough/all rounder).

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bar front mech cable stops the difference being??

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

My son has a Gary Fisher 'mullet'.
    probably could pick up a frame cheap as chips .
    Mullet and chips . Sorry . It just happened .
    Anyway . 100mm fork . Jumpy /slack . Aluminium . Bulletproof .With the seat up it's XC able , seat down for the park / trails .
    Also look for GF 'bitter' or 'opie ' .Same frame.

I've just had a look on ebay . Theres a frame on . The guys mislisted it as a ' bitteN ' tho.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gary-Fisher-Bitten-Alloy-frame-17_W0QQitemZ140376543588QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item20af181164

Not cool enough , eh ?

Ticklinjock

I reckon this might fit your criteria except it aint Aluminium

acorlett

I would consider muddyfox's suggestion. I've got a GF Bitter with coil Pikes on it. It's lean, long and low – but hell tough. Does well for anything from epic XC to my ham-fisted 17-stone attempts at getting air, plus it's built to take anything from 100mm to 130mm forks (can just handle 140mm).
    What about a Kona Hoss as well?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Slack head angled 100mm forked hardtail frame?’ is closed to new replies.