Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sky router won't recognise PC (Win10) Wifi and Ethernet
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Tech question … wifi and or Ethernet (SKY) working fine, Laptop (Windows 10) shows connected but no internet ?
    Only recent updates indoors are a SKY box update.
    PC has been fine but now, won’t connect.
    Ideas ?

scaredypants

Presumably already tried offanbackon ?

HAs your W10 decided it’s on a public network rather than private ? Mine’s done that once or twice

Sandwich

Sounds like your PC has the recent DHCP problem that was patched this week. Have search on Microsofts site for the cure. Then patch with the latest update and away you go. Details and how to fix here

ratherbeintobago

There’s been a recent Win 10 patch that’s broken DHCP and prevents computers from connecting to the internet. I had to fix my in law’s computer (which involved running two commands) but I am damned if I can find it in my search history.

somouk
    Free Member

You could get round it by setting a static IP.

servo
    Free Member

I had same problem and found a quick fix on Google. Had to change power up settings to don’t do fast load or something. Think it was trying to use preloaded settings that were now invalid.

servo
    Free Member

https://appuals.com/ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration/

First item on list, turn off fast startup

gavmtb
    Free Member

I’ve had to fix 3 laptops with this problem thank to our lovely friends at microsoft. I found the easiest way before the fix update was just to go into device manager and uninstall everything under network adapters, restart the machine and let them reinstall. Jobs a good un. Probably an easier way but did the trick every time! All were showing the wifi symbol with a yellow exclamation mark. Can see wifi network but no ip address.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sky router won't recognise PC (Win10) Wifi and Ethernet’ is closed to new replies.