Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Sky, new deal. Worth it?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

48 quids a month for full HD package minus the sports plus line rental plus unlimited broadband.
    Or
    58 quids a month same package but with unlimited fibre.

flashpaul
    Free Member

I pay 57 for fibre/phone/sports/kids

No movies/box sets or HD though

disco_stu
    Free Member

I’m currently paying £16 for TV Original bundle HD + Sports & Box sets.
    I did have to cancel my subscription and put up with FreeSat for a month to get this deal (75% off)

IHN

Reckon you could probably do better. After playing account-cancellation hardball we pay £10 a month for HD+boxsets (no films or sports), then a total of £28 to PlusNet for line rental and unlimited fibre. Sky would have matched that fibre price but the line transfer was already going ahead and it was too much of a ballache to switch back (for now).

vinnyeh

we renewed onto this…

IHN

we renewed onto this…

😯

How did you get that telly price?

robbo1234biking

Just renewed after cancelling and got full tv package including sports and cinema in hd for £32 a month. Pay £30 a month to virgin for a 50mb unlimited cable connection and phone line. We don’t have a choice on broadband as no one else serves the area (new build property)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Vinny that is very cheap! Looks like I’ll be going down the cancellation route again!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Vinneyeh was that after being cancelled or a straight renewal?

My contract ends on the 8th.

Best I’ve been offered so far is 60% off TV

twistedpencil

We ditched and have now got the old variety back plus broadband and line rental for £20 a month… We’ve lost HD (still get BBC, Channel HD etc).

Went nowTV as our bail out plan…

This price will end in September when we’ll ditch again!

vinnyeh

We cancelled. The email offer of 75% off any tv package for 12 months, no contract tie in- we’d only had box sets up till then- came about a week after disconnection. Had only lousy offers of 40% off for six months and the such like up till then. Broadband discount was a separate thing I had to ‘negotiate’ for.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So after playing the waiting game I’m full hd package with sports and movies plus fiber for 54 quid.

FuzzyWuzzy

Has anyone done a Sky Q deal yet? My Sky+ box is on it’s last legs and I’m well outside of cover for it so I figure when it goes I may as well switch to Sky Q but the headline offers don’t seem that great for it so I’m wondering if they’re still in the “stinging the early adopters” phase

thesurfbus
    Free Member

My Sky Box is also on its last legs, its 10 years old, Sky refuse to give me a new box so I cancelled, phoned me a few times with ever increasing discounts, but still no box.

cat69uk
    Free Member

Mine ends next week, best offer so far over the phone is HD full package, sports, movies fibre and multi room for £67. Said no a week back, see if I get anything more 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Oh and my phone line rental too.

razorrazoo

FuzzyWuzzy – Member
    Has anyone done a Sky Q deal yet? My Sky+ box is on it’s last legs and I’m well outside of cover for it so I figure when it goes I may as well switch to Sky Q but the headline offers don’t seem that great for it so I’m wondering if they’re still in the “stinging the early adopters” phase

Yep. I got half price installation of Q 2TB box. No subs uplift as I am already on multiroom. I also got a 40% 10 month discount on the TV.

The Q is worth it in my opinion if you already qualify for it via multiroom and can get an installation deal.
    – Boxes are ‘rented’ so always covered by Sky for technical problems – no need for insurance on box or to risk buying secondhand if yours breaks.
    – Boxes are tiny in comparison to HD with much more storage (main one is small, the slave boxes (for multiroom as they all run off the main box) are the same size as the router.
    – All boxes act as WiFi hotspots – this has improved the signal in my house
    – All recording is done on the master box and can be watched anywhere – you only need one cable now for multiroom.
    – Smarter menu system, which will start to learn your preferences and suggest media
    – 2TB does HD4 (or whatever), so will support new TV when that is upgraded.

councilof10
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack, but I’m on Sky standard broadband but it’s horrifically slow. I can change to BT fibre for much cheapness, what’s the best process to get Sky to make an offer I can’t refuse?

(Sky have previously refused to offer fibre to my house for some reason…)

razorrazoo

councilof10 – Member
    Sorry to hijack, but I’m on Sky standard broadband but it’s horrifically slow. I can change to BT fibre for much cheapness, what’s the best process to get Sky to make an offer I can’t refuse?

(Sky have previously refused to offer fibre to my house for some reason…)

Phone them (or start with their online advisor) and ask if you are currently in contract as you are thinking of leaving for a better deal elsewhere. That usually is enough to get the ball rolling. Then its up to how generous they are feeling / how much you haggle / call their bluff (sometimes they just go ahead and let you cancel).

FWIW I have previously got money off a TV package whilst still leaving broadband open to change (I was wavering at the time on BB but wanted to retain the TV). May be a thought for you to get the best of both worlds and a discount on the TV.

Also be sure on what your actual BB options are, IIRC Sky use the BT lines, so it may be that they can’t do it as BT cannot support in your area. Virgin run different lines (I think).

prawny

Just managed to get a Sky Q Silver box with the Box Sets Bundle (basically what I had on old sky) for £50 per month, currently paying £52 and my HD box is dying. Was quite pleased with that. Got a multiroom box too.

Haggled with BT too, had infinity one for a year @ £35 inc line rental was going up to £45 this month, got infinity 2 for £33 for two years when I threatened to leave. Going to keep doing this, I must’ve overpayed thousands over the years.

scandal42
    Free Member

Just signed up for Virgin Player bundle.

50mg fibre unlimited, Tivo with most freeview stuff purely for recording and catchup (TV is shit, don’t need it these days)

£29 with £80 cashback.

Was previously paying £31 for just internet.

prawny

Just seen that BT are putting their prices up, not feeling so smug now. Will have a look at what the deal is and maybe sack them off.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sky have done my phone line rental at 7.50/month which is seriously cheap, then the fiber is a tenner.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Wow! Just amazed that people pay for telly let alone that much 😯

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Sky, new deal. Worth it?’ is closed to new replies.