Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Skoda Octavia 1.9
  • wheelie

I went to see a Skoda Octavia estate 1.9 diesel this evening. I gave it a good test drive,all seemed tight. One thing i did notice that in top gear ( 5 speed) it seemed a bit hesitant at around 1200 revs , almost a very slight jerkyness. Is this normal? It was fine from 1500 revs. I might be used to my very lazy citreon c5 diesel.

It is a 2007 70,000 miles i guess £2500 is a reasonable price to pay.
    Ideally i would prefer a Roomster.

somouk
    Free Member

Could be the MAF sensor has gone, very common on that engine and a doddle to fix.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Answer would be change down to fourth below 1500 if you want to accelerate or pull on any gradient- have owned 3 of them – bullet proof with regular oil & filter

mboy
    Free Member

Pulling cleanly from 1200rpm in top without any hesitation or vibrations is quite a lot to ask from a Turbo Diesel to be fair. Same engine in my Passat, and under about 1250rpm I will always downshift before accelerating.

In comparison to the Citroen diesel, the 1.9 VAG will feel a little peaky. The payoff is massive torque, higher power output and a much less lazy delivery. Economy can suffer if you flex your right foot a lot, but driven carefully it will stil exceed 50mpg avg.

totalshell

with sold her 08 1.9 oiler with 120k on it 3 months ago she pulled 2.5k for it and it had no mot and it was a well and hard used mums taxi ( ie it was a mess inside)all she ever did with that car was put fuel in..

no power machine but it ran and ran on the day she sold it i would have happily jumped in and driven to the south of france in it.. reliable as you could ever wish for. same cant be said of renault trafic that i sold last week..

wheelie

Thanks guys. I mean’t to say 1250 rpm but i guess i have got used to my citreon that was owned by a chap that had it remapped for towing a caravan…..lots of low down torque!

trail_rat
    Free Member

are you a taxi driver or do you just hate your car ?

thats one way to kill your clutch and gear box pretty quickly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Octavia 1.9’ is closed to new replies.