Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Skiing or boarding near home
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I've been boarding 5 mins from the house a few times since the weekend. A 100m run through trees with a couple of little jumps the kids have built.

Ok, it's not the alps, but it's actually not bad and to do it just round the corner from your house is great, especially when u are working from home due to being snowed in! 😉

Anyone else found any good stuff near home??

Smee
    Free Member

I'm tempted to give Caddon bank a go tomorrow.

GrahamS

Planning to go to the ski tows at Allenheads if I get the chance.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

This was our 'Peak Snow Fun' last year with various bits of kit, about 10 minutes from my house:

I'd love to get up here some time:
    http://www.yadmoss.co.uk/

stuartm555
    Free Member

been up the pentlands a couple of times on the splitboard:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartmarshall/sets/72157622914112661/
    actually enjoying the skiing up as much as the boarding down!

goan – do you reckon any of the more interesting tracks will have decent snow cover? tempted to give it a go too … snowboarded some of the MTB trails in whistler and they were a lot of fun 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

Too much tree cover, but if you have an old board that you dont mind scraping then maybe. The rocky would probably work though.

stuartm555
    Free Member

i suspected that might be the case. got plenty of old boards though so might have a look although it will be xmas eve before i can get there

juiced
    Free Member

I went boarding locally on a smallish but reasonably steep slope at the weekend for a couple of hours. Great fun! Found a much bigger hill for possibly my next venture 🙂

el_diablo
    Free Member

I've just been to collect the keys for my new house, which happily comes with a hillside field (destined to be a little play park for my bikes), it's currently under 6 whole inches of snow.

Can't move in yet and I'm working/away until new year and my board's is burried away, I just hope the snow lasts!

aviemoron
    Free Member

I'm 15 mins from Cairngorm and it's been DUMPED ON!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Skiing or boarding near home’ is closed to new replies.