Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Single speed ZERO-DISH rear hub options
  • fr0sty
    Free Member

How do,

I’m planning a 29er wheel build and want to use as close to a zero-dish rear hub as possible, for aesthetics and strength etc.

Other than the Chris King ISO hub, are there any other options out there? Need I say I’m on a budget!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

when ive found some coppers down the back of the sofa I have some Crest rims waiting to go on one of these

Flange Left – 35mm
    Flange Right – 37mm

and only 320g.
    for £60

Will marry up with a superfast front hub of similar colour.

They’re made by novatec so should be easy enough to find spares and service guides for.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Surly, Strong solid hubs cheap too

cynic-al
    Free Member

dishless = not actually much stronger…

jameso

Hope SS hub. I have one as a SS wheel that’s sometimes used as a 6spd, works well. I like the fact that my front and rear wheels use one spoke length and was told it builds a more reliable wheel due to even spoke tensions.

I have one of those novatecs somewhere, looks like a nice hub but SS only due to the cassette design so I didn’t build it up. Potentially a very good buy at £60.

jameso

There’s also a screw-on + 6-bolt disc option from KT Quando, used on the Genesis iO SS, I can dig up the part number but I don’t know of anyone bringing them in. Not sure if it’s zero dish but it’s very close to it.

Stoner
    Free Member

jameso – if you want to let that useless novatec one go cheap, let me know 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got a Hope ss rear hub I’ve literally just unbuilt (unless you want it building onto a brand new crest 29er rim) if you want.Good condition (I’ll strip and rebuild it anyway).Not thought about how much yet.

Stoner
    Free Member

v kind and thanks but Im not a Hope guy.
    OP might be….

Stoner
    Free Member

dp

jameso

A hub-go-round trade could happen here as I could use rorschach’s SS hub as spares

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wotchya got that I want then stoner? 😀

saladdodger
    Free Member

I had a DMR s/s hub with WI freewheel which was pritty much dishless on a 717 rim

I built a Hope S/s hub with a 717 and bugger me it cost more than the DMR and was heavier

Save yer dosh in 7 years the DMR NEVER let me down

Stoner
    Free Member

cash or herpes, you pick!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve had both…..got rid of the cash quicker though.Depends on how much you’re willing to pay for the ss err ss.

Stoner
    Free Member

jameso – is yours SSC branded or novatec branded? Is it def the 320g one? and what colour?

fr0sty
    Free Member

Wow, lots of responses, so thanks 🙂

Thanks to Rorschach for the offer, but weight is also something I’m concerned about so I don’t think the Hope is right for me.

And thanks to Saladdodger too. I think the DMR Revolver is for me. It’s quoted at 288g. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks again!

takisawa2

IMAG0334 by pten2106, on Flickr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Single speed ZERO-DISH rear hub options’ is closed to new replies.