Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Silly situation, how would you deal with it?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

My wonderful wife contributes to the household by looking after kids after school, this entails approx 40 hours per month of looking after said kids, for which she earns much less than she is worth 🙁

It does involve a fair amount of driving about, and supplying a packed lunch & food after school, as well as overseeing homework & other school & social activities, not least to mention she is on call throughout the school day if something happens. For this she 'only' gets £750pm, now to me this seemed 'easy money', at least it did 6 years ago when she started. Since then food & petrol has gone up X fold, but she still earns the same, her boss constantly fails to pay her on time, pleads poverty & makes her work extra days for the time she see fit to be at home with her darlings when she is not working unexpectedly.

I think considering the cost of fuel, wear & tear on the car, the stuff the little feckers darlings break/wear out/eat that it isn't worth her bothering, she as always wants to pull her weight,

So how do I tell her to get a real job? 😉

ziggy
    Free Member

You're on your own with that one 😆

I once tried to bring this up with an ex partner, fortunately she left me before I could ask, saved me alot of bother (and cash)

mboy
    Free Member

So how do I tell her to get a real job?

Make her read this thread? 😉

Might work, just a thought…

crikey
    Free Member

Don't take this the wrong way or anything,

BUT WHY NOT TALK TO HER INSTEAD OF POSTING ON A MOUNTAIN BIKE WEBSITE?

Honestly, this place has turned into some kind of agony aunt bollocks..

luked2
    Free Member

Is the chat forum only for MTB related chat?

Moses

Try to calculate how much she's paid on a hourly basis vs minimum wage?

Set up on her own, give each child a letter for mum & dad to read?

Or just talk to her?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

18.75 an hour?

Do you have kids as well? What else does she contribute? Do you do any cooking cleaning washing etc?

Even if half what she earns is overheads in terms of petrol and food then its still a decent wage for unskilled part time work.

35 hr week on minimum wage? not much more than teh £750 a month

Garry_Lager

Not the right climate to be laying down the law with the Boss, esp in the child-minding business, I wouldn't have thought. There would be a queue a mile long of people prepared to do that job.

She should certainly look for something better, mind, if that's what she wants. Can she work full time or do you ahve kids yourself?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

****, I thought you were euphemistically/metaphorically/whateverly describing her looking after both of your kids, with you being the "boss" and the £750 per month being her "housekeeping".

Was I reading too much into the OP?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

DD, you could be right, I'm not bothered about the amount she earns, TBH what she does bring home compared to what she spends on petrol & food is **** all,.
    All I see is the bank statement, and nothing goes in, it just comes out…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

TJ, I do **** all, I'm the bread winner!

Talkemada
    Free Member

Well you should be grateful you have a kind, caring loving wife.

My wife, **** knows where she is, the cow. Probably round deadlydarcy's house… 😥

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

2unfit2ride – Member

TJ, I do **** all, I'm the bread winner!

In that case shut the **** up. The value of her doing all the housework is far far more than you imagine. She is bringing a lot to the household just by doing all the housework

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Talkemada, your dead right, that's why I asked the question, to my mind it's not worth her working, she is worth more to me than she is to her 'boss'.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

TJ, stop taking the bait you moron…

nonk
    Free Member

pointless toss of a post them 🙄

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

nonk, thanks for your input, but read the effing thread properly.

Lets get this straight, I love my wife, I think she is being manipulated & being paid less than she is worth. Forget the macho stuff, do you have anything of interest to add?

Pauly

Pics or STFU

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Pics of what exactly?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The wife, her boss, the kids, and you, will do for starters.

Pauly

lol

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm lost now! Is she a childminder or does she just look after your kids? (when she's not round mine 8O)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I want pictures. It might make the story more interesting. I like pictures.

EDIT : Pauly edited his post 😕

Talkemada
    Free Member

2unfit2's wife as well, DD? 😯

What an utter philandering bastard…

funkynick

I'd have thought if the food and petrol were work related expenses that you could at the very least claim the tax relief on those if she can't claim them as expenses through her boss.

Either that, find out how much the parents are getting charged for the service, and then just undercut that and have her start up on her own…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aye that's it Talkemada…she's sick of working conditions round hers! My missus keeps the place spick and span too! 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

😯

thegreatape
    Free Member

I'm lost now! Is she a childminder or does she just look after your kids?

Me an all.

I'm going to go and find a better thread to read.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ernie, if you had even the slightest grip of how to search a forum, then you could find a pic of me & the misses that was available for your
    delectation posted as long ago as 6pm.

Oh **** it, I'm off to bed….

ex-pat
    Free Member

Can't you just buy her a new kettle or something. Practical and a gift!
    8)

tomzo
    Free Member

£750 for 40 hours? seems ok to me…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

tommy – Member

£750 for 40 hours? seems ok to me…

Well it would be effin brilliant is she didn't provide food/transport & sit at home all day waiting for the little feckers to be ill!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Silly situation, how would you deal with it?’ is closed to new replies.