Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Silly ebay questions. Is it just me that gets them when selling stuff.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have been having a bit of a clear out lately and some of my shite has ended up on ebay. Some of the questions I have been asked make me wonder if they are seeing the same information that I see? “how much to ship to ….”, “is the item new” “can I collect in person”…??? All this info is there in black and white. I seem to get this most of the time now so is it just me.? None of this is really a hassle but it does make me wonder.

cloudnine
    Free Member

It’s as bit like starting a thread on wheel size or tyres.. the info is all there except people can’t be arsed to look or need to be told directly or they worry about description accuracy (lots of people have errors in their listings too)

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Can I come round and give you my response to this thread in person please?

🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

How much for Buy It Now?

rusty90
    Free Member

I’d definitely buy this thread if it was a different colour.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

how much will you sell your auction item for

Jamie
    Free Member

I know you said you will not post abroad, but would you post to Italy?

Thank you bye!

skellnonch
    Free Member

Or win the item then dont respond or pay

oliverracing

or win the item, pay and then 10 minutes later, send a message asking if they can change the jersey they just bid on (used) for a small rather than medium…

true story 😐

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

One item I have up for auction is listed as “used” and is pictured out of the box with all the bits on show. So what question do I wake up to this morning.?

Yep you guessed it… “Is Yours new never opened?”…!!!

Seriously.?

freeagent
    Free Member

I know your said UK postage only, but will you post to Nigeria?

finbar
    Free Member

Will this headset fit my bike?

thepurist

Does this headset come with a crown race? 😉

pk13

I’m selling some slx brakes now and have been getting a few silly questions but its mostly folk trying it on or wanting a cheap deal.

tomhoward

Always remember; There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid people asking questions

bencooper
    Free Member

Selling an Alfine hub, and got this:

Dear benkinetics,

Front Fork: 24 in Steel w/painting

Crank Set: 175 mm Alloy w/Sandblast
    matte anodized silver w/matte silver anodized chain guard

Chain KMC:
    Carbon Steel w/Anti-rust, Silver

Brake Front Quad mechanical Disc Brake:
    Alloy Grey w/black disc amount

Brake Rear Quad mechanical Disc Brake:
    Alloy Grey w/black disc amount

Rim: Jalco DDY Alloy matte Anodized
    silver, 36H

Front Hub KT disc 36H w/quick release: Alloy sandblast matte
    Anodized silver

Rear Hub KT single disc 36H: Alloy sandblast matte
    silver
    Lead me on this item fitment before I start bidding tq

Sorry, what was the question?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m selling my Niner ATM and I’ve had 4 questions, 3 of which relate to whether I’m willing to swap it for a Roadie.

russ295
    Free Member

The wife had some ugg boots on eBay a few weeks ago. 99p start with £6 shipping.
    Had someone who hadn’t even placed a bit telling me that the post office would send them for £2.60.
    So f***ing what?
    And the amount of buy it now questions. If I knew a price I would have put them on gumtree ffs!

bencooper
    Free Member

Had someone who hadn’t even placed a bit telling me that the post office would send them for £2.60.

Yeah, that annoys me too. Especially people who see the P&P price, bid, win, then moan that the postage is too high.

jekkyl

Do you ever get over to Bristol at all, and could drop it off for me?

tomhoward

I bought 3 items from the same seller (jerseys) and asked if he would combine the postage (Something silly like £10 per item) he knocked it down to £20 for the three, for something that cost him £6 to post. 👿

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I had a lava lamp on eBay before xmas and one woman inparticular asked the most stupid questions… Its a lava lamp for gods sake! So I wound her up. Quite a lot to the point where she called me a stupid little man. It made me smile. I might try and find that conversation in eBay messages again…

tonyd

I sold an expensive carbon road stem on eBay about 10 years ago as it was too long. I think RRP was £190 or something stupid (pre kids, lots of disposable income, bike fetish) and it went for £40 or thereabouts. Gutting but there you go.

I’d put postage as £10 as I was selling a bunch of stuff and just guessed all the postage costs. By the time I took into account packaging, next day insured delivery etc it probably cost me £7-8 to send.

Anyway, the guy got a practically brand new top of the range stem for £50 delivered and left me bad feedback because the postage was too high!

beefheart
    Free Member

Will you send it to Germany if I pay 50p extra???

🙄

Northwind

“Does it come with the other parts pictured”? The picture being of just a frame in a workstand so I assume he meant everything else in teh back of the garage- 3 other bikes, a spare frame, 4 car wheels and a motorbike.

wordnumb
    Free Member

“Has it been stored anywhere that is haunted or that suffers any other form of regular paranormal activity?”

unovolo
    Free Member

This seems to be the new thing I also have had people offering to do a Buy It Now(on a item listed for auction)then proceeding to tell that postage on the item will be X amount less than what I have quoted.

I’d luv to know how these people know exactly how much the finished article is going to weigh when all wrapped up for posting along with the material cost for the wrapping.

Also had some chancer offering me a tenner for a set of alloys wheels I had for sale, erm no especially when then went for over £80.

lerk
    Free Member

Has the cam belt been changed?

Well if you’ve been reading up enough to know the mileage at which it is due, you’d also notice it has a chain driven cam – so no!

PMK2060

Will I consider swapping my fs mtb for a xbox360 with 10 games? Er no.

I recently listed 2 skylander figures bnib worth 25 quid. A typo meant the one and only bidder got them for 99p. Cheeky sod then emailed me to see if I could post them that day.

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

My mate runs a company making carbon rockguardz for mountain bikes.

On his Ebay store he gets punters asking ” what size is the bike in the picture and a spec” so that’s £35.00 for a Yeti SB66?

wool

A new one on me was a few weeks ago I was selling a pair of wheels and was asked if I had any peddles for sale as he was a bit skint and only had £15 to spend……..

oliverracing

Suppose it’s a good time to link one of my favorite david thorne wind-ups? Here 😉

njee20
    Free Member

A bloke bought something off me and asked (in rather more shit English): “do you have any other parts for sale, road or MTB?” I suddenly got really paranoid he was going to come and nick all my stuff. Not something that’s ever really occurred to me, just didn’t feel right.

apj
    Free Member

The company that David Thorne was winding up is going out of business.

http://function4sports.com

I hope he feels bad.

user-removed
    Free Member

I sold a huge collection of antique cylinder records. These things are incredibly fragile so were clearly marked as collection only with the option of having me deliver them. The winning bidder had a UK account but was bidding for his friend in Italy. FFS.

The ‘actual’ buyer spoke almost no English and his mate wasn’t interested in any dialogue. Packed them up with infinite care, posted them insured to the full £500 value and predictably enough, several broke en route.

Cue non-stop, daily, hysterical rants in broken English about my being ungentlemanly. I eventually snapped and gave him what for, refunded him and started the whole, laborious insurance process. This process is almost impossible to complete when the other party makes a point of utterly refusing to cooperate.

What a ****.

user-removed
    Free Member

apj – with customer service like that, I’m failing to feel very sympathetic…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My dad retired I helped sell off some of his building kit and vehicles.

Buyer: does this pick up truck tip?
    Me: no it’s not a tipper sorry, see description.
    Buyer: ok I wanted a tipper and in white so can you knock a bit off the price?

Edit: he then offered me a price about £100 below what people were already bidding.

shotsaway
    Free Member

I tend to run auction style listings with a buy it now price. However some idiot always asks what the price is to end early? Errr that will be the Buy it Now price.

Last year in a clear out, I sold about 100 minichamp 1/43 formula 1 models (individually). My comments stated that I was having a clear out, yet I had a couple of people approach me and ask if I wanted to buy theirs?

hooli

I sell a fair bit and peoples stupidity never fails to amaze me. Something listed as black large t-shirt for example, within 5 minutes of listing it I will get an email with the title “question from XXX about black large t-shirt” Can you tell me what colour it is please…

then there is always the idiot who sends you a message asking if you will take 99p for the £400 item you are selling because he has the cash with him and can collect within 16 weeks…

konabunny
    Free Member

Can I reply first to this thread?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Silly ebay questions. Is it just me that gets them when selling stuff.?’ is closed to new replies.