• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sigh – another Reverb remote question – but an easy one this time!
  • DrP

Firstly, my reverb came with a load of stuff I’m not sure what it’s for!
    What’s the silver collar for? Oh well….

When mounting the MMX remove without the MMX brake etc, am I supposed to put the black ‘blanking piece’ in the space on the remote clamp? Or is it Ok to mount the remote clamp without that piece?

You see on this image, where there’s a big ‘gap’ in the clamp….

Chars peeps,

DrP

CaptainSlow

I just removed the mmx bit and mounted the lever. The silver collar is to limit the drop I think.

Recommend you use fibre paste on the seatube and only do up the seat collar as tight as needed. If you over tighten it won’t work as smoothly and will knacker it quite quickly.

DrP

fibre paste

Best place for this?? Google ahs brought up CRC and a massive (relatively) tube of Tacx stuff, but not going to need all that!

DrP

CaptainSlow
    batfink
    Free Member

The silver collar on the lever? That regulates the return speed… it’s got a little + and – on it.

As for the blanking piece…. Does it perform any structural function? you’re not talking about the little black thing in the photo are you? Thats the “dust” cover for where the hose meets the post.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Rubbish how there’s loads of bits included and no reference to them whatsoever in the manual or online!

Silver collar is the ‘enduro collar’, designed to limit drop so you can set it to just have a small drop if you want.

I did not use the black blanking piece. No problems so far.

DrP

Cheers – so I’m now clear on what all the little extra bits do!
    Will get myself a small tube of paste too!

Ta muchly peeps…

DrP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sigh – another Reverb remote question – but an easy one this time!’ is closed to new replies.