Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Side entry bottle cage – which one?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Need a side entry bottle cage. Anyone using one they can recommend? Anything to avoid?

wwaswas

I got an Elite one from Halfords – it’s been fine.

NormalMan

Spesh zee cage works fine IMHO.

scotroutes

Avoid the Edinburgh Bike Co-op one.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve had a Giant branded plastic one for 2 years on the FS, bottle has never fallen out even during concussion inducing crashes

zilog6128

I bought a Lezyne Flow SL which works a treat in my Superlight with one of the small Camelbak Podium bottles

mattsccm
    Free Member

Cheap alloy one. I have a BBB and an ETC on the same bike. In 4 years and about 16,000 miles on that bike I have never lost a bottle. 75% of that mileage was on gravel or rough vehicle tracks.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Lezyne Flow here also, cheap and strong plastic version, or I think there is a carbon option available too.

wiggles
    Free Member

Spesh zee cage is good. Even do a carbon one for a bargain £50

devash
    Free Member

Zee Cage composite or aluminium. I think Cyclestore have some of last season’s colours for cheap.

SandyThePig
    Free Member

+1 for specialized zee cage. I’ve had one as my main bottle cage on my commuter for 5 years.

jimc101
    Free Member

Another for the Lezyne Flow, nice and cheap (esp if you buy a 2 pack), feel well made, fitted them on 2 bikes this summer, and have done a few thousand KM with them on now.

Can’t seen any reason for the carbon fiber version, weight just 14g less and costs a lot more.

nickdavies

Lezyne flow, done 000’s of miles with mine and never lost a bottle or fallen off trying to get it out!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Side entry bottle cage – which one?’ is closed to new replies.