Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Sick of centre parcs is there anything else
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Want to try some thing new. Whats the place like at sherwood pines and is there any thing round whinlatter. Me the wife and my girls 5 and 3.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Just got back from Whinfell and there were mice in the sofa. Reported it to centerparcs and got a £50 voucher but not at all inclined to go back. Kids room was freezing too.

gusamc
    Free Member

I use Parkdean holidays – it's not quite the same concept as Centre craps but for accom I find it really good, esp for off season bargains

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

You could go all inclusive to the Med for the same money.

anotherstan
    Free Member

Just got back from Whinfell and there were mice in the sofa

going to whinfell next friday 😯 please tell me you weren't in bilberry wood 😕

shortbaldone
    Free Member

i did centre parcs with mine for years and its a little pricey, once i divorced i wanted somewhere different and last year took my twins (8 at the time) and other (7) for a week at somewhere i had never dreamed of before……….bognor regis Butlins……it was great, i mean really great, once you ermmm kids i mean, have been on the master blaster etc you realise how much better the water world thing is versus centre parcs (only longleat to compare it to mind)booked for this year, stavros flattley here we come…….

LoCo
    Free Member
    roughneck
    Free Member

Just got that in the howies catalogue. I'll have a look

stoney
    Free Member

I totally agree with ballsofcottonwoll!…. Way too pricey for a holiday in the UK. We have allways gone to Haven, especially the one at Ayr in Scotland….Not very expensive and we seem to have had good whether the 4 times we have been and going again in June.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Whats the idea of centre parcs? We live in the Lakes so took a day trip to the CP near Penrith. I didnt really understand the concept, I felt like i must be missing the point of it. We parked in a massive car park very full of cars. That means there must be lots of people. Walked to what looks like a disussed quarry full of brown water. There were boats etc to hire for about £15 fo 15 minutes. So we went swimming in a pool with oround 3000 other people. It felt very claustraphobic. Then we went for lunch in a sort of shopping centre sort of plastic cave area. Only we didnt go for lunch, we drove back to Penrith (7 miles) nice town for a really nice well priced Italian. If we were in a big city i would kind of understand, but this is, or at least on the edge of the Lake district. Surly the idea is to get some solitude get away from it all enjoy some peace. Am i missing it completely? How much does it cost to go for a week? With say 2 adults and 2 children?

stoney
    Free Member

Like i said… We looked, (and we live in Keswick) and we have 5 (yes i said 5!!!) kids. You can allmost go abroad for the same price. Like you mentioned, everything on site is extra and really expensive at that! 👿

theboatman
    Free Member

With our three daughters we used to head to the centre parcs in holland, better equipped, far cheaper especially at school holiday times and a no fuss on the overnight ferry. Been 2 years since we did this, so not sure how they would compare now with the £/ euro echange rate. Girls have decided they prefer camping now, so mainly head to Italy/ Austria or S France, depending on the location you can generally choose how much you want to 'camp', weather tends to be good and our crazy euro cousins have generlly embraced the whole camping thing a bit more than us lot so facilities tend to be good.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

when i was younger we used to go to haven alot… 3 times a year sometimes always a different one. for me as a child i thought it was great. was a little adventure every time.

the activities are great and always on the bike riding about and swimming was really coool.

i went to take a trip down memory lane with my bro and they want so much money to stay in a caravan in the winter time haha, so we sodded off to the canarys for the same price!

what ever happened to a cheap english holiday. instead we get ripped off with shit quality like center parcs…..

THANKS ENGLAND FOR ER RIPPING….. o hang on thats why i moved to Austria 😉

teagirl
    Free Member

Log cabin type thing in Scotland, near a loch and water sports? I've never gone to Center Parcs, never felt the urge as there are plenty of cottages/youth hostels around that fit the bill. Go camping? Have an adventure!

roughneck
    Free Member

Tell the wife, I'd go camping but the wife likes all the mod cons and things to do if the weather turns bad.

I know see wears the trousers.

chakaping
    Free Member

Never been myself but it seems like a weird middle class cult.

If you're doing it for the kids (so to speak), why not go the whole hog and do Butlins like shortbaldone says?

Or are you worried little Tarquin and Jemima will get bullied by the common children?

(PS. Dunno why I'm getting so worked up about it. Each to their own and all that)

Wookster

We go to Cp once a year two kids under three and find it great, usually winfell. Never had an issue, but agree that t can be cold there need to ramp the heating up for the kids. I do find that after about two days we go out to the lakes etc but I like the park the car and leave it of CP plus that the kids are free to swim walk about with out getting killed by a car bikes is another matter!! we get good deals as we never go in the hols as the kids are too small though it can be madly expensive in the summer and 1/2 term but we would go there then maily a winer spring hol 4 us.

Nick

I went to Butlins (or might have been Pontins) in Somerset once on some kind of free/cheap deal, only a weekend break, kids wanted to go swimming as soon as we got there so off we trot only to find them closing it up because someone had been sick in the pool, it stayed shut all weekend.

Did try the 'entertainment' one evening, hard to put into words really. Think I'd rather stay at home to be honest.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

The mice in the sofa was Badger Wood. Number 47 🙁

Reaction from CP was that the lodges are in a forest and its to be expected. They referred me to their terms and conditions which say its a forest environment and the home of rodents, snakes, ticks etc. They didn't say they have aright to live in your sofa.

sc-xc

^ do you want to sell the voucher? We are going for a weekend in October and I need to pay my share soon….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Haven for the last 4 years then stumbled across a little hotel called splash landings. Yes it can be v expensive but if you get lucky as we have twice now, got a 2 nights stay with cracking breakfast, unlimited access to the water park for two days for £180!
    However wouldn't recommend for more than a coupla nights unless you take in the theme park aswell.
    Oh and I've never been do tired, not even after a full days riding!!

richcc
    Free Member

We've done Forest Holidays a few times. Not the same amount of activities there as CPs but not as many chavs either 😉

richcc
    Free Member

We also did Bluestone in Wales. Pretty nice as well but a long way from anywhere.

Bosh
    Free Member

We went to bluestone quite good but far too hilly for small kids to ride bikes around.

roughneck
    Free Member

any body tryed haggerston castle or ribby hall

Spud

We usually go to CP each year, usually winter too. Two kids under 4 means it's much cheaper and the environment is great for them. Tried Whinfell this month and thought the setting and accommodation was better then Sherwood but the bars/ shops etc weren't as good.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Love to sell the voucher BB but I don't think its transferrable. I think the wife is going to endure another break with the mother in law 😐

visitor
    Free Member

This is a review I made after a family trip to Centerparcs with the family. We had a great time the kids loved it and service was great.

Ceneterparcs Review

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Sick of centre parcs is there anything else’ is closed to new replies.