Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Shutt Velo Performance Jacket – anyone tried them ?
  • iainc

these ones ? they are knocking out ex display ones at £50 on their ebay shop – are they any good ? how do they size up ?

I have taken a punt on an L and and XL,on basis that I can send back or sell on if dont fit/dont like.

any experiences ?

MoreCashThanDash

Didn’t know they were on the eBay shop, think they are reduced to £75 on the main site.

I got a pair of bibshorts from the ebay shop last year, sizing was realistic, so hopefully the jackets would be similar.

iainc

thanks, yeah, there was post on FB for the ebay ones last night, which had apparently been on display, and down to £50. Seems a great deal, but they dont get glowing reviews across the board as some find them too warm ! I was planning it for coldish road rides largely so warm is good 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have a shutt vr jersey and the sizing is normal but quite a ‘race’ fit.

Its not that special really, I don’t love it or anything like that, quality wasn’t outstanding. Its nowhere near rapha in terms of performance or quality for example.

iainc

Thanks Gary. My Rapha attire is limited to a Sky Merino hat that was in the sale last year 🙂 Its lovely mind..

Gary_M
    Free Member

Based on the jersey I wouldn’t rush to buy any other shutt vr products (but then again I do have an extensive Rapha collection which doesn’t include any sky kit 🙂 )

iainc

🙂

I picked the Sky label off my hat, it was half price though 🙂

I do have a Shutt vr jersey that I got a year or so back, its been ok, like you say, nowt to rave about. The jackets look a good deal but will depend on fit etc I guess..

cr500dom
    Free Member

I liked my original Shutt Team gear, and a few other bits, been less impressed with the latest stuff.
    Also disappointed that they have gone to Italy for their latest kit, part of the draw for me was the whole Made locally with Local materials ethos they started with.
    I have the previous Performance jacket, its a better softshell jacket than my Northface one, but I`ve never actually used it on the bike 😳

iainc

thank for feedback, will be interested to see how it feels/fits, cheers

iainc

I had some useful feedback from Pete at Shutt VR about the Performance Jacket, as he had seen this post. The production of some of the kit (shorts, tights etc) went to Italy some time ago and they are pleased with the products, however merino jerseys, jackets, hats etc are still 100% UK made.

Their whole ethos is getting folk kitted out and on their bikes and this model seems to work best for them and as a small team (there only are less than half a dozen of them) they seem to be hitting the right quality markers at a decent price – certainly looks that way given the various feedback here so far.

Anyway, my jackets are on their way and I’ll post up an update, cheers 🙂

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I have a sportwool jersey (good), bib shorts (uncomfy) and gilet (good)

iainc

Well they arrived today, brand spanking in original packaging. Sizing, as above, is normal to slightly tight road fit and they appear pretty good quality. Definitely a jacket weight rather than heavy jersey so looks for winter road and cx adventures.

Anyway, I’m keeping the XL, so the Large is on the classifieds to recoup my outlay plus postage costs for purchase.

iainc

oh well, looks like the Large is going to get returned to them ! I thought it was a bargaintastic deal they were offering and still glad I bought both sizes as they only had about 10 available in total

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Shutt Velo Performance Jacket – anyone tried them ?’ is closed to new replies.