Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Show us your sub 25lb bikes!
  • njee20
    Free Member

Haha! Yes, definitely for a show bike though…

White Aerolites for pimp bikes that will be used. £5.50 a spoke or something though…

firestarter
    Free Member

a bit out but both currently just under 25.5 pounds. the turner was very light in a previous built but i beefed it up and its much better for it

Wookster

That turner is the puppys privates mate!!!

njee20
    Free Member

25.5lbs? Really?

I love how these threads always bring out the cynics and the weight weenies!

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

that turner does look to have a lot of heavy kit for 25.5lbs… unless thats it beefed up (which i’d assume)

well, i’m probably changing from my spark (if they replace it on warranty!) not sure what i’ll get, i like the new epic njee, but can’t get one cheap llke a trek, moots, or maybe an msc…
    could try a new trek top fuel i guess…

and theres nothing to stop a silly light bike being thrashable!

for me (and dougal no doubt)

caddon bank drops are ridden fairly regularly among other stuff…

on light carbon ht’s/full sussers…

njee20
    Free Member

That’s part of the Nat Champs course isn’t it?

I really like the look of the new Top Fuel, I think I’ll probably be on one next season I reckon.

I think the days of really fragile bikes are gone frankly, most bikes these days are pretty tough.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

not that drop no. thats on caddon bank the xc at inners.
    there are a couple on the various dh tracks we’ll use, though most send you the wrong way for where the course goes…

you coming up for the champs aye?

course is mint! steep fun descents, and decently interesting/testing climb…

straight up, straight back down!

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah, I know they used it for the BUSAs there, I assumed it was in for the Nat Champs too!

I’m not coming up nah, I’m an over 23 now, and my form’s shocking at the moment, I’m doing a 12 hour solo at 24/12, something a bit different. Stanes is too far to go to try and not get lapped by Oli and Liam!

firestarter
    Free Member

if i remember correctly the turner is 27.8 in the above build but much more usable than it was with the light weight gear on 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I see, you implied it was 25.5 as built, which seemed extremely dubious!

I think ‘usability’ is relative, I must admit if I had a 5″ trail bike, it wouldn’t have lots of silly light parts on it, but for XC race bikes it’s different. I’m sure mine would go downhill better with some 2.3″ tyres, but that would just be stupid. Horses for courses and all that.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

No way is that turner the claimed weight.

Edit, unless its a 14″ frame.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

i run 2.2 conti’s, or 2.25 schwalbes on me race bike…

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah was wrong build pic lol meant to have both versions 🙂 much happier with the bigger build tho and still climbs as good

njee20
    Free Member

Which are still pretty small, and you live somewhere rocky. I was thinking of a more downhill specific tyre, a 2.3″ Nevegal, or Minion or something!

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

ah, fair enough.

andyl46
    Free Member

I weigh 100kg, bike weighs 26.5 lbs, its the biggest frame they make off the peg.. Lighter rims could be done, as well as some xtr to shave off a bit, but it rides really well. Sorry ’bout not making your 25lb target (maybe someday)

hodge

organic355 that’s lovely looking internal side of a garage door! do you have any details?

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Show us your sub 25lb bikes!’ is closed to new replies.