Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Show us your… Stooges
  • mobes
    Free Member

Heres mine to start the ball rolling

Bregante
    dirtyrider
    Free Member

why an ardent on the front and not something 3″

big old stooge thread here

Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)

spectabilis
    Free Member

No reason for a more concise Stooge gallery….

Stooge

Ready for Antur

Yee haa

takisawa2

Spectabilis…looks like a Dually on the back, what tyre are you running…?
    Any chance you could take a measurement across the width…?

spectabilis
    Free Member

Yeah Dually wrapped in an O.O Chunky Monkey so basically if you measure the space between the stays then minus 2x knats bollock hairs then you’ll have the width..

Clink

Sorry – probs getting link from Flickr app. It should be pic of my Stooge in The Cairngorms!

miranmtb
    Free Member

Helping Clink a bit
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/s1d5F2]IMG_2914[/url] by clinkclunk, on Flickr

and here is mine

Clink

Ta! 😀

cokie

A couple of mine after the winter referb. All I’ve spent in a year on it is a new drivetrain! I thought I’d put on some new brakes & carbon bars on though.

spectabilis
    Free Member

[/quote]takisawa2 – Member

Spectabilis…looks like a Dually on the back, what tyre are you running…?
    Any chance you could take a measurement across the width…?

Tyre is worn now but comes up about 62mm across the nobbles

cokie – Member

Cokie , what chain are you running there ?

frogstomp

Got my new Stooge frame through this week and built it up over the weekend with mainly bits from the shed / parts bin..

Currently running Chronicle / 2.4″ Mountain King on 27mm LB hookless rims but have a pair of their 38mm rims in the post to add a bit more width (and maybe switch to an Ardent on the rear).

32×22 singlespeed at the moment which may or may not stay depending on how I get on with it.. the simplicity of the whole set-up is great though!

First impressions… stonking good fun!
    😀

dalhalvaig
    Free Member

Sorry, trying to get pics out of Google+

Should I just use the IMG button and paste in the link?

Can you upload actual pic?

D

dalhalvaig
    Free Member

The Donor

Just built, wheels on the ground for the first time

Post ride

Now running a Maxxis Chronicle on the front and a Schwalbe Nobby Nic on the rear.

Completed over 1300km since first ride on 2nd July. Haven’t looked at any of my other bikes since…

flashes
    Free Member

Here’s mine, apart from the bl**dy EBB, it’s growing on me. A week away in Wales next week will be the decider….

singlecrack
    Free Member

Flashes…what’s up with the ebb…It was faultless when I had it …..

AlasdairMc

I can’t figure out how to embed Instagram so that’s mine…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I knew I shouldn’t have looked in here – the Stooge is one of the few bikes I really, really want…

garage-dweller

DBW +1

I may actually pull the metaphorical trigger and order one… Probably in magenta as I have been thinking this since the first thread started.

bigblackshed

DBW & GW

This thread is not making it easier to not buy one. I “could” use my Sanderson Soloist as a donor bike, but not much off a 26″ bouncing front bike is going to transfer across. And I not able to do bargain basement builds. I too much of a tart and its false economy to buy it cheap and then upgrade it.

The seat post and the stem will fit though, so it wouldn’t be entirely new. 😉

noltae
    Free Member

Seems like a lot of folk are leaving a load of steer tube – on that premise I’ve got 35mm – feels good but it just looks wrong – wouldn’t have been better fo make the forks a touch taller ? Always preferred the feel of flat bars but I’m thinking trim some steer tube and get some riser bars .

dalhalvaig
    Free Member

This thread is not making it easier to not buy one. I “could” use my Sanderson Soloist as a donor bike, but not much off a 26″ bouncing front bike is going to transfer across. And I not able to do bargain basement builds. I too much of a tart and its false economy to buy it cheap and then upgrade it.

I got a 2013 Cube LTD off ebay for about £400. Gave me everything I needed except seatpost, headset and front derailleur. All XT, SLX and Magura bits. That’s you on the road for about £1000, with a frame and forx to sell.

Plenty recent 29ers on ebay to choose from

AlasdairMc

Finally got image sharing to work…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xu71gb]Ti Stooge[/url] by 22alasdair, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wPGmLm]Ti Stooge[/url] by 22alasdair, on Flickr

flashes
    Free Member

I went to change the rear freewheel, 1 tooth difference. Chain way too lose or too tight. So, fitted new chain. Was slightly slacker than I’d normally run it, adjusted to the shortest run, so tried taking a chunk of links out of the chain and replacing them with the left over links from when I fitted the chain a few weeks back. It’s OK at the moment, but a week in the Brecons next week will tell. Call me old school, but track ends are the way forward (back)…….

singlespeedstu

You were trying to adjust chain tension by changing links in the chain?
    There’s more than enough adjustment on that style of EBB the adjust the difference of one tooth on the rear.

Cheezpleez

Now with a Dually and Chronicle on the front, On-One OG bars and an (ugly) dropper.

singlecrack
    Free Member

South west Ti Stooge
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/xNEPiy]2015-08-26_04-53-32[/url] by jerrypc69, on Flickr

jupiter
    Free Member

They all look great but singlecracks looks really great. Love that fork.

AlasdairMc

Yeah, that fork is nice. How does it ride – is there much flex in it or is it pretty stiff?

Gotama
    Free Member

Who made the fork singlecrack?

takisawa2

Want. 😕

singlecrack
    Free Member

Forks are Stooge Prototypes…..not had much time to ride them will let you know a little later how they ride

bonesetter
    Free Member

Here’s how mine is at present

evilsovereign
    Free Member

I know it’s a dumbass question, but, what sort of weight are you getting these built at. just for weight weenie-dom

frogstomp

Almost ‘finished’ mine now.. Thomson bar, stem and seat-post added. Just waiting for the 38mm LB rims – I reckon I’ll be able to squeeze a Panaracer Fat B Nimble on the back with those (plenty of room with the current 2.4 Ardents [MK2 frame]). What started as a budget build with stuff out of my spares pile as escalated somewhat..

They’re never going to be super-light if you go down the B+/29+ – mine is built up single-speed and weighs in at 12kg (26lbs) on the nose but ‘rides light’.

evilsovereign
    Free Member

Cheers frog stomp. Looks good.

jonestown
    Free Member

I know it’s a dumbass question, but, what sort of weight are you getting these built at. just for weight weenie-dom

this will be obvious i guess, but my first build came in at 26lbs, a set of dually’s and a knard later and the weight hit 30lbs. By comparison my 650 single speed weighs 25lbs

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Couple of magic scales in this thread

frogstomp

Moi? That’s what my luggage scales say.. no doubt a margin of error but I’m not sure they’re particularly magic.

Single-speed build with fairly light kit (LB wheels tubeless, XT brakes, Thomson finishing kit) – doesn’t seem unreasonable?

singlecrack
    Free Member

My Ti ^^ up there is bang on 25lb with my aldi luggage scales ..build Ti frame n fork , Ti post and bars thomson stem and clamp middleburn cranks 650b+ wheels (blunt rims hope hub front dmr rear trail blazer tyres tubeless) so either my scales are a bit out ..or Andy I want your steel frame please…..I must add that it did weigh 21.5lb with my crest/hope wheels and old steel fork…so its all in the wheels obviously. ..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Show us your… Stooges’ is closed to new replies.