Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • show us your steel bikes road/mountain
  • wwaswas

Now sadly rusted through;

replacement;

(and a SS Carbon 456)

pixelmix
    Free Member

Collection of cheap Yorkshire pipes here:-

On-One Inbred ride in January 2011 by pixelmix, on Flickr

jp-t853

Here my Cove Handjob. This was photographed in May 2008, the only difference now is a shorter EA70 stem and it also has different wheels with road tyres on a lot of the time.

kimbers

97 kona lava dome on my commute this morning

nedrapier

Here’s mine.

Had it for ages, now thinking about new road(ish) bike. I’m likely to keep this one for ages too, so I’ve been thinking steel, and versatile might be nice.

Poss one of these, but £565 f&f(& seatpost collar & woods EBB insert) seems like quite a lot of money. Seems they’re very well liked by those that own them though.

Or I might go proper cx and cotic x or similar, or proper road, in which case that Genesis Equilibrium looks pretty good. Better in red though!

OCB
    Free Member

The Peregrine is a great bike.
    I can see how it’d not be for everyone, but I love mine.

nedrapier

That’s a great pic! The bike in its element!? got any more? particularly the bar set-up?

cheers!

edit: ‘salright. found them!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Here’s a few from the last few years 🙂

jimmy

loving all your work, especially;

clwydrider
    Free Member

Fixie (Old 531 clubman style)

fixie by needsc, on Flickr
    Geared MTB Great Great bike

Looking towards Moel Arthur by needsc, on Flickr
    Geared Road Bike Sublime

Rourkie on Viaduct 100 by needsc, on Flickr
    MTB SS a tad large really

Inbred 2feb2009004 by needsc, on Flickr
    I’ve got one Alu bike and I really don’t like it so that will soon have the frame swapped out for a 725 Equilibrium!

Wozza
    Free Member

My Blizzard…

In a Blizzard

tomaso
    Free Member

All these young steely pretenders 🙂 I give you the Stumpjumper!

My aged mountain bike stripped of its gears and demoted to shop bike status.

racefaceec90

you all have some excellent bikes everyone. :-)Wozza how do you like your blizzard?that’s another bike that i have lusted after 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

rkk01
    Free Member

Only steel bike I have…

Some “modern” road bikes look nice, but too many are way too “chunky” looking. I also prefer the older style, more delicate looking chanisets. Seen a few recent road bike posts of nice looking bikes tuined with bulky looking drives

ETA – and this frameset was regarded as “oversize” when I bought it 😮

Wozza
    Free Member

racefaceec90 – Member
    you all have some excellent bikes everyone. :-)Wozza how do you like your blizzard?that’s another bike that i have lusted after

It’s good. Run mine with a 115mm Reba Race. It’s pretty light so suffers a bit on very rocky decents like Walna and Garburn but no more than some of the alloy hardtails i’ve had in the past, can be a bit twitchy at times but on swoopy flowy stuff it’s unrivalled, way faster than 5″ “trail bikes” and short travel full sussers like the epic I had before it.

Loves to be jumped, climbs pretty well and the paint job is second to none. Full price frame is a bit £££ but they come up on here occasionally and people tend to avoid them because they’re seen as a 100mm travel bike, i’ve not seen one out riding that didn’t have 120mm ish forks on it. The sloping top tube allows more than you’d expect.

Occasionally I get “new bike fever” and think of selling it to try something new but nothing floats my boat as much.

lumberjack
    Free Member

Stanton Bikes, Slackline

slugwash
    Free Member

My 531 Donohue Audax yesterday…

woodsman
    Free Member

Not quite a ‘bike’ yet but……started out like this and I repainted it at work to this..

Cheers

rkk01
    Free Member

Always fancied a RM Blizzard – white with black maple leaf pattern. they were always sooo expensive though

Bream
    Free Member

Classic Swedish CX/winter bike stylee 😀

Bumhands
    Free Member

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘show us your steel bikes road/mountain’ is closed to new replies.