Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Show me your………Santa Cruz Hecklers
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

…’cause I just bought one and now have several more weeks of being injured to build it up 🙂

damion
    Free Member

I can post it direct to you if you wish?

My new one:

Yours:

😀

Rickos
    Free Member

That’s a short wheelbase on the red one!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah, tiny Heckler’s rock – I’ve had two – super-short, really confidence inspiring . . . enjoy!!! 8)

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Thanks Damion – he looks awesome built up there! This bike is to be very much fun, I can tell!

Will do mamadirt!

Flicky flicky bliss 😀

joolsburger
    Free Member

Changed it now less seatpost and steerer, short is great can really chuck it around.

penguinni

2011 Heckler after some sweet summer riding in Irish dust!

honourablegeorge

I liek the Heckler. Looks pretty good value at £899 nowadays too, compared to the likes of the Orange Five at £1395.

sandwicheater

You guys know if any plans in the pipe line to update frame ie flared head tube etc?

stayhigh

I wonder if they’ll look at changing it much now they have the Butcher & Nickel in the stable as well as the carbon Blur in its LT & Trail flavours.

Old dog, new tricks? Maybe its a great bike and would be a shame for it to slip off the map as it were.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Here you go Jo..

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Lovely lovely lovely 🙂

Absolutely no further forward in choosing a colour scheme though.

Must admit, I am glad I’ve got one with a straight top tube – funny how something like that can make a difference to how a bike looks.

Anyone run an air shock and a coil on an older Heckler? Any opinions? I was gonna get the VanR serviced and set up for me, but now I’m wondering whether I should try and lighten it up a bit *ponders*

Shackleton

I bought mine with a DHX coil, found it heavy, tried a pearl 3.1 as suggested by STW in a mag review yonks ago, went back to coil as the air felt rubbish up and down by comparison.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I loves teh older ones. I run air Jo, but as you know I am an xc-mince-fester! Coil would defs be plucher, IMO it pedals well enough for a std van R to work fine -plenty both SH on t’bay.

warpcow
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It’s gone through a few changes since this was taken, but I can’t think of anything I’d change now.

portlyone

Heckler_9 by NazcaMan, on Flickr

DarrenH

Here’s mine,
    Great bike, love it to bits 😀
    [/url]
    Tricky steps by DarrenH29, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]
    My heckler 🙂 by DarrenH29, on Flickr[/img]

ART

I have an ickle blue heckler – same colour as warpcow’s, so the older vintage and agree LGB that they are nicer in diddy guise with the straight toptube. 😀 Anyhow, have always run it with an air shock (PUSHED RP23), and it has coped with everything I’ve ever chucked at it. If this thread is making anyone nostalgic then my little pocket rocket is up for sale, as a newer frame has elbowed its way in … will be v sad to see it go .. 😥

Shackleton

Can’t find one of just the bike but if you look carefully it’s under the fat lummox in these photos:

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

That drop isnt really that steep now is it!

Hanky

Here’s mine.

Now with Lyriks and 50mm Thomson stem on – served me well since 2003!

ratswithwings
    Free Member

I do like the new green heckler though I’m sticking with my Blur at the mo. Do have aims to get one in the future though. Glad you got one Jo!

Have you still got your cham? Mine’s resting after have its derailleur smashed up on potato alley/ blackley clough.

Hope the wrist is healing well.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

sandwicheater- pretty sure they arent doing anything to upgrade the heckler which is the justification for the lowered price and using it as an “entry level” SC; no development, no new tooling, limited colour choice etc. Not knocking them I nearly bought one, but it was SC’s stated intent when they dropped the price and slotted the butcher/nickel into the range.

sandwicheater

Cheers MC. Love the frame and at its current price i’m really tempted. Best stay away from the computer while drunk just incase accidently buy (silly costly weddings, grrrr)

kayak23

Shackleton

That drop isnt really that steep now is it!

Not quite, no, although it wasn’t that much shallower from where I was sat. I blame the camera woman.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Ooooh so many lovely Hecklers. I think I’m gonna go with black as black can be and get it powdercoated, mainly because otherwise my brain is gonna be fried trying to pick a colour!

cynic-al – ta for the feedback. I’m gonna keep the Van R and get it serviced then, if I ever do get round to doing an enduro I can always lighten it up later. I prefer coil cos it’s so much less faffing and I never manage to get air cans set up just right. Always liked the Van R on the old Orange too.

ratswithwings – oh aye, the chammy will still be my first trail bike of choice I suspect, especially around here. It’s funny because I’ve been thinking about what susser to get for such a long time and hadn’t really thought about a Heckler – then this little one came up and it seems like the perfect choice for what I was looking for. Funny how things work out!

skiboy
    Free Member

i love my new heckler

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

winnie’s Heckler… in the background :mrgreen:

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Here’s my old one….

Here’s my new one…

bella
    Free Member

If you have a change of heart and decide to go for an air shock then I would go for a DHX air rather than an RP23. Never got on with mine before the change. If you are running anything shorter than a fox 36 on the front I would consider offset shock bushes. Run mine with Fox 32 float 150s with maximum offset to slacken things off a bit. Keeps the BB good and low too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll post up a pic of mine at the weekend, complete with lovely Crank brothers opium bars recieved today!.

juiced
    Free Member

little bunny girl. I have mamadirts old one. It’s a small. I run it for ages witrh an air shock and was ok. Fine for Xc stuff and a bit more. For Play riding stuff the dhx5 i have has made a massive difference. Coil is way better, The older heckler blows through it’s travel a little too easily with an air. Could never get it set up right for the tougher stuff. HAving said that i did consider getting the air pushed at tft.

However theya re brillient bikes, fun, tough. flickable, stable, reactive, fun, realiable, cheap to run, Look good and inspire you to ride harder. Tbh ypu’ll LOVE it whatever shock you have. 9 a coil judgin the the pic) Keep the coil if thats yours.

They been ridding on northshore, can be build up light for xc, pedal incredible well,build up tough for fr and feel great.

What type of build are you going for???

Mike_D
    Free Member

Still going, although it’s had another complete rebuild since this pic — now has Rebas and SRAM bits and lighter wheels. Still ace 🙂

juiced
    Free Member

seriously if you go for the coil. Keep it. Even if you don;t use it straight away. The DHX 5 transforms the older heckler. Even the DHX air appraently isn’t ideal for the older heckler compared to a coil. If you want light weight then you wouldn’t have chosen a heckler really. They are not heavy it’s just imho opinion to get the best out of them strong kit is better.Also make sure you protect the reat trianle well from cable rub. And make sure you run fulllength cables. Had all sorts of problems for normal non full length cbales. Also make sure the mech cable has lots of length. Had all sorts of ghost shifting occur initally although the cable looked fine in length – although basically it was too short

HAVE FUN and post a pic when finished ( unlike me haha)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Heres mine 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

This was mine (but it’s now someone else’s):

mart999
    Free Member

[/url] IMG_20110620_163849 by martinhallows, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Show me your………Santa Cruz Hecklers’ is closed to new replies.