Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Show me your orange st4s!
  • rob2
    Free Member

Right, kids in bed, beer ready, in the kitchen building my new st4. Give me some inspiration, show me yours!

I'll post mine when its finished if I can work out how to put pics up!

matt_outandabout

Welcome to the club.

drain

Mmm, nice. Shame Rob's will be an indoor kind of bike 😉

oxnop
    Free Member

I saw a lovely ST4 up at Glentress this past weekend.

White front triangle and red rear end. Very nice .

rob2
    Free Member

It will get out Adrian – but maybe just round the garden then back to the museum 😆

Going to get a loop in tomorrow at 6am when the sprogs get up!

stooo
    Free Member

White front triangle and red rear end. Very nice .

I saw that there too. Looked lovely.

simonm
    Free Member

drain

Is it built up now? Nice one Rob, have a fun pootle this morning.

mudmonster
    Free Member

How do you rate them?

rob2
    Free Member

back after a short pootle and its pretty mental. Maybe its new bike syndrome, but its an absolute riot. It feels quite small and low like a bmx or something, but then you can just plough through stuff no probs. Feels very versatile.

A bit of settling needed but very pleased. Thank you kudu bikes 🙂

stooo
    Free Member

What bike were you on previously Rob2 ? Just for comparisons.

Where's the pics of it then… with fresh mud ?

Xylene
    Free Member

I like the look of that.

drain

Excellent stuff.

Feels low, really? Doesn't look overly so but looks can be deceptive. I guess compared to the El Santo (RIP, sniff), perhaps, but would've thought the Hemlock was (even) more planted?

Great if you've got a bike with a very different character from the Hemlock to mix things up a bit.

You just KNOW you need to take it out on the 'Tocks 😉

matt_outandabout

Rubber queen and SB8? lol!

rob2
    Free Member

stoo – my other full sus is a hemlock. you feel a bit more 'in' the st4 compared to the hemlock if that makes sense. But my hemlock is set with 150mm up front so not quite like for like and more rides over things than round them. I've got a chameleon too and the st4 feels very much like that – really alive if that's not a bit w**ky 😀

pics – I need to work out how to get them on. but spec is xt, magura marathon's and hope sp xc3's, 70mm stem, thomson post.

adrian – i might have to ping you pics and bow to your stw knowledge to get them on (stw not being sewage treatment works 😉 )

simonm
    Free Member

Rubber queen and SB8? lol!

it was dry 😉

stooo
    Free Member

Happy to post some pics up for you if you mail em over.

Spec sounds nice.

Stu

Red and white works well – though its a bit dirty at the moment after an epic Pentlands ride today. Very fun bike! 8)

stooo
    Free Member

Stu, that's the one… Looks lovely…

Nice bike, nice name 😉

How'd you get the custom frame?

lotus777
    Free Member

i'm itching to get one of these , what are they like in terms of weight ??

rob2
    Free Member

Here we go my fist everattempt at getting a picture up… is this going to work….

lotus – i didn't weigh the frame but i think its sitting somewhere around the 6.5lb area. So not light but most of that weight seems to be in the main triangle so feels ok. I got a great deal from kudu bikes if you're looking for one.

rob2
    Free Member

yeah, its worked!

rob2
    Free Member

oh, and i've slid the seat back a bit (post taken off another bike), and i know the garden needs sorting, and the tyres aligning… 😉

GRAEMEJONES

Mine started of as a CTW scheme, not much of that version left now though! I now spend more time riding this than my 5, so that will be going soon.

rob2
    Free Member

graeme that looks nice. Bit of red sets it off nice

matt_outandabout

hubba hubba gents

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

barstewards !
    i was 99 per cent certain of getting the titanium (chrome grey) coloured frame then i seen how nice the white frame looks ! bugger

maybe white over load though
    as my forks,brakes,hubs and rims are all white !

this thread was no help at all confused dot fekin 😯 com

nickegg
    Free Member

Wait until the 2011 frame is released, Orange will have hopefully sorted out the breakages the existing design has suffered from!

New version is a slimmer tubed version of the Blood, basically.

rob2
    Free Member

true, true. but you can get them half price at the mo, and the 2010 ones look pretty sturdy to me. 😛

stooo
    Free Member

Anyone know when the 2011 ones will be out ? – or any info on them yet ?

simonm
    Free Member

Im selling mine, its a small, 2009 with a 2010 shock.

lotus777
    Free Member

thanks rob2 , i've seen the st4(frame) in kudu bikes. its the one i'm fighting with myself over…to buy or not to buy ???
    nice looking bike by the way

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Rubbish mobile pics

So we know they're great at lots of things, but how have you managed to turn your jallopies into bikes that can cope with long sloggy climbs? Moving the seat forward on the rails seems to have helped allot, but I've not managed to eliminate the slight wallowyness that is stopping it being a great all day bike.
    What sort of shock pressures are you using?
    Anyone tried a small volume can with firmer compression tuning?

drain

Wow, Rob – none more white! Looks great – best not take it out in the snow though, I suggest 😉

Can we lure you over to the Woild Western laarnds of Zummerzet to give it a spin?

Surfr
    Free Member

Muddy:

Getting muddy:

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Is that the Dyfi?

Surfr
    Free Member

Yup Dyfi this year

argyle
    Free Member

selling 16" baby blue one if anyone is interested?

matt_outandabout

eliminate the slight wallowyness that is stopping it being a great all day bike.

I find that if the shock is run with too much sag, this is the result. You do need to run it with less sag than most bikes, I still get pretty much full travel.
    IIRC there was a comment on here about the shock not using all its travel / but the frame was getting 99% of its travel and that the bike was designed this way but the shock manufacturers did not like it.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Show me your orange st4s!’ is closed to new replies.