Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • show me your lightweight fs bikes [please]
  • druidh
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with mudguards on al all-day bike like that Nicolai.

mattp
    Free Member

so – this has taken a different direction while i've been out at the park throwing the kids down the slide…

is mudguards on a bike a bit like a [real]man carrying an umbrella?

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Weight is a relative term. Light for a full sus is sub 20lb, a light hardtail is sub 15lb, a light AM bike is sub 24lb and a light DH bike is sub 30lb. None of those weights will get you a good bike though, just a light one.

Personally mid 20's is perfect for an XC bike.

Nothing wrong with mudguards in the mud, do look at bit crap though.

lesoudeur
    Free Member

The Nicolai Helius CC is in its winter guise. It can be set up for v brakes if wanted. The rear mudguard uses the bosses (with alloy bolts weight weenies). The stem is 120mm (a little out of fashion at the moment), but will replace it with a 110mm come Spring. It's current ugliness makes it look less attractive to thieves…I like to think.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Not sure what the weight is but here's my Anthem…

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

i like it, not too heavy
    and no to mud guards…

epicsteve
    Free Member

Light for a full sus is sub 20lb, a light hardtail is sub 15lb, a light AM bike is sub 24lb and a light DH bike is sub 30lb. None of those weights will get you a good bike though, just a light one.

I'd argue that those weights are very light (or ever "too light"), not just light. A light XC hardtail is sub 22lbs, a light full suss sub 25lbs IMHO. The vast majority of bikes being heavier than that.

steve_b77
    Free Member

pinches – Member
    if you want a light weight nicolai, i think you'd need a Helius RC to start with. RC has loads of tweaky light weight weenie Ti hardware as standard. theres a bloke on MTBR who's built an AC (140mm trail bike) upto 26lb, which considering its an all alloy/CNC 140mm frame with a DT shock and forks, it's on the light side.

Forgot to mention mine's got the Ti bolt kit on it too – Weight weenie points for me he hee

mud-monster
    Free Member

Got my baby second hand from bod at work… 80mm travel LIGHT SO SO SO FAST!
    AFTER a YEAR of NO suss IT feels LIKE a DH-rig. [that also goes uphill]

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘show me your lightweight fs bikes [please]’ is closed to new replies.