Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • Show me your Bfe's!
  • AndyDuke
    Free Member

Thanks to bikerjim I’m going to building up a Bfe. This is going to be my one and only ‘do-it-all’ bike so I am in need of inspiration.

Let me see what you’ve done, interested in component choices and colour schemes. I think mine will end up 1×9 due to existing parts I have to use. Particularly interested in medium frames (thinks that’s the 17″).

Tim
    Free Member

Build has changed considerably now though! Wotans have gone, wheels have changed, sporting a triple.

well will be when i get round to finishing spannering!

_tom_
    Free Member

Don’t have it any more but this is probably the nicest looking bike I’ve had so far (apart from all those spacers under the stem)

guitarhero
    Free Member

Had a small and a medium in the past. Long gone now 🙁

squaremonkey
    Free Member

BFe by lawrencefellows, on Flickr

Really pleased with this as a replacement to my P7!

GHill

Mine:

BFe build by J Grant Hill, on Flickr

That was at build time, now has a Thomson seat post. Probably looks like a bit of a gate, but I love it.

AndyDuke
    Free Member

GHill and Squaremonkey, they both look nice, what sizes are they. Is that the gritstone colour?

_tom_ that bike is once of the nicest I’ve ever seen!

Any suggestions for components guys?

joblessmonkeyboy
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

snakebite
    Free Member

Mines changed a bit since this photo in November, coil Lyriks up front, reverb and some wide Carbon bonty bars790 or 820, cant remember, they dont fit through the doors I know that 😳

Kit wise, all XTR/XTR trail, King wheels, 819 tubeless XR4’s,King BB and headset etc. My bit of bling cos I like hardtails.

joblessmonkeyboy
    Free Member

I Went for 2X9 with a 36T middle and shimano bash, Xt Group, avid 7’s hope pro 3 straight pull, fox floats with F series lowers and 15mm axel, Ragley Bars and post.

squaremonkey
    Free Member

Mines 17.5 inch and yeah it is gritstone

built mine with Hope pro 11’s and DT swiss rims, revelations set to 140mm, XT 2×10 with middleburn rings and bash, hope brakes

so much fun to ride

GHill

Mine’s the L (19″) in gritstone – I’m 6’5 though. Setup is for general riding (i.e. everything apart from racing or DH).

Stranga
    Free Member

mccett
    Free Member

17″, 2×9… just need swap my Middleburns onto it.

armchairbiker

Here’s mine. Now have Reverb seatpost

Just about to change the saddle to a brown charge one, put on a bash guard and looking for white Rock Shox Sektors

Or:
    Cotic BFe

roblane65
    Free Member

mccett love them orange bombers !.

AndyDuke
    Free Member

Armchair; that looks good. What forks do you have on there? I am after some forks.

stevomcd
    Free Member

armchairbiker

Andy Duke – They are Fox R’s. Basically I got an Orange Crush – didn’t like the frame and bought a Bfe, swapping the parts across and now rebuilding with a few new choice parts.

armchairbiker

Stevomcd – what forks are on your BFe? Looks like some type of Rock Shox

Rockape
    Free Member

Here’s mine finished just before christmas love it!!!!!
    Slx double and bash
    Slx front rear mech’s
    slx shifters
    Deore brakes (hope M4’s to come)
    Stans rims Hope hubs
    Pike race forks
    Just started to get set up sorted!Enjoyed every minute of the build it was just as good as getting it out and riding. 😀

DSC08450 by Rockape46, on Flickr

DSC08475 by Rockape46, on Flickr

AndyDuke
    Free Member

Armchair. If you fancy shifting your forks then let me know. Cheers

Stevo. What size is your frame? Looks nice.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m picking my 16″ Cyan BFe up tomorrow morning from 18 Bikes ……. Can’t wait.

I’ve 100-110 coil sektors to go on too.

I’m really looking forward to this always regretted selling my gritstone last year!

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

sorry for awful camera shot , heres mine …love it !!!

019 by bluerichiepig, on Flickr

armchairbiker

I forgot to add. I ride my BFe more than my 2010 Enduro. I am that impressed with it.

I should add – there’s a guy up my road that has the same blue BFe with white Lyrics. Though that’s very much a DH / Freeride toy. 140 forks work good if you’re undecided on travel. My Fox’s are unlikely to go on sale. More likely to rebuild this: Orange Crush for my son

stevomcd
    Free Member

armchairbiker – They’re Lyriks (internally adjusted to 140mm)

Andy Duke – it’s a Medium. I had to fit an even longer post after those photos were taken to get the right saddle height for climbing!

Rockape
    Free Member

Good to see a fine collection of BFe”s some very nice bikes with lots of interesting builds. I love riding mine it was very diffrent at first but enjoy every time out now. The building up is such fun aswell. Mine cost a little more that I first set out to spend because my old bike got stolen and had parts on which were going to be used for build. But it’s done now and I love it. 😛
    Come on everybody let’s see more of those BFe’s

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

My old orange one (which is probably the one up there thats sporting some daft length forks)

And the new one

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Mine – taken a couple of years back.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just got back from a day out and picked mine up.

The cyan ( blue ) looks even better in real life.

Finally treated myself to a wirkstand so can’t wait to start building it later.

Nothing better than a hobgoblin and building a bike.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Are you going to build it up with white forks, white rims, white bars and a white saddle?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Nope black throughout then covered in mud.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Great stuff! Can you remove the decals on the blue frames or are they lacquered over?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

[img]http://[/img]

Here is mine, built to a budget so i was not too fussy on the colour scheme. The gold coloured hubs and red disc’s clash a bit, the discs were pre-owned, if i was buying new i would have had a different colour. All thats forgotten when i ride it, amazing bike. I loved my P7 but this is much better. I upgrading the parts slowly or as they wear out. Not a fan of the white spoon saddle, will replace it for a black one at some point.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

They are under the gloss mate.

I’ll stick some pics up as I build it tonight.

Going 3×9 as I had a brand new SLX chainset but I might stick it on sale and get the double and bash.

The steerer is really long and I’ve ran out of spacers hence the red. Planning to cut it down after a few tests with bar height.

And loving the Easton Havoc stem

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They are under the gloss mate.

Thought they might have been. I would have bought a blue one, but I cant stand the stickers.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Coming along nicely.

Amos
    Free Member

Waiting for wheels and brakes can’t wait!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Looking good Mosey! I keep taking mine out for a quick spin since it was built up a few days ago, I love it. Still undecided on a stem, borrowing a few different lengths to see what I prefer. Looking forward to seeing yours built up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Bfe's!’ is closed to new replies.