Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Show me your back armour hydration packs
  • rockhopperbike

Mornin all,
    Currently using a level 2 forcefield back protector and conventional hydration pack, I’m looking for a level 2 vest with a hydration bladder slot so I can have a bit less kit through the summer. Seen Alpinestars but not sure if any good, or other brands, but my Google fu seems weak today.

hamishthecat

Dunno what grade protection it is but I’ve got the POC 15l VPD one. I got it at trade which was still over £70, with no bladder and I wouldn’t pay anything approaching rrp. It is comfy and holds a lot more than my ancient MULE but 2nd ride I caught a branch and it ripped one of the side mesh pockets off. Reasonably good internal pockets and has a helmet carrier arrangement if that floats your boat. I’d give it 7/10.

Edit – didn’t read your post properly so ignore…

rockhopperbike

Poc seem to do Good kit but they don’t seem to have a vest with a slot for water bags. Maybe one could be modified because it’s basically a case of squeezing a bladder into the slot for the body armour

iolo
    Free Member

Doesn’t a normal hydration pack provide enough protection as is?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ive got this one, sorry its in Swedish but sure its available elsewhere

http://m.bikester.se/474366.html

Its pretty decent for #enduro actually . I hate riding races with a pack so this has a d30 back protector , d30 in the shoulder and a little chest protection. Also can fit a bladder in. It’s a ripoff but then what body armour isn’t really….?

rockhopperbike

Cheers, will have a look at that one.
    I need full armour because I have a fused spine which I need to protect from impacts of any kind

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I think race face do a vest as well?

rockhopperbike

Cheers all,

gonna get one of these to try- I reckon a bladder will slip in with the armour

Airo Vest

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Alpinestars Evolution vest for almost 2 years now – really like it. I took the shoulder pads out and just run with the back protector. A 2l bladder will fit but you get a bit of a #endurohunch – a 1l is barely noticeable.

Being mesh,it’s pretty cool – certainly no warmer than a base layer. In super hot/humid weather, it can be really nice to take off your jersey and just ride in the vest for climbs to avoid overheating.

Sizing is about normal – neither big nor small.

rockhopperbike

Cheers Andyrm- I am wanting a level 2 which really seems to limit options- I get a decent discount with Forcefield- will give it a try

andyrm
    Free Member

You’re in luck! Looks like Forcefield do a Level 2 insert that you could pop into the Alpinestars Evolution vest:

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/product/pro-lite-k-inserts/2450

wiggles
    Free Member

Leatt do a really small back protector bag, is only about £70 I think as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Show me your back armour hydration packs’ is closed to new replies.