Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Should I sell my frame?
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

I have an Orange 5 2012 frame. Do they hold their value? What % of new price am I likely to get for selling it?

Anybody sold one recently who can tell me how much they got compared to how much it cost them new?

Many thanks
    (sensible answers please).

Bagstard
    Free Member

You will take a big hit selling any nearly new frame, why are you selling?

hora
    Free Member

I’d wait a year or two on yours. Otherwise take too painful a hit IMO.

Why sell? If wrong size, see if someone would PX/swap first.

bigdan6
    Free Member

RRP is £1699 (maxle, Kashima rp23, neon orange)

Would I get 70% ?

hora
    Free Member

No way you’d get close to 1100 nevermind 1200.

Seriously its too much of a loss in too little a time. Why sell??????????

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

No unless its un used.

z1ppy

2009 Orange 5 £820… (basic rp23, non taper headtube or maxle)

Just because ‘you’ (above) wouldn’t spend that much, doesn’t mean some-one else isn’t likely to. My own view of 5’s is that they do hold they’re value remarkably well (no mater what the STW hater would have you believe), especially on the high spec’d frames. Can’t say for sure it would sell for what you want, but a good advert, lots of hi-quality pics and a reserve may get you close (though ebay fee’s may drag it back down).

footflaps

I’ve bought and sold loads of frames over the years on Ebay – 50% tops unless it’s unused. Eg I bought a Ti frame BNIB last week for 50% RRP – wouldn’t pay any more either.

hora
    Free Member

Someone paid 820 for a resprayed 3yr old 5? 😯

Look here on STW- I was interested in one that went for c500 for a 09.

legend
    Free Member

Fleabay sees 2011s going for over £900, they do hold their value well compared to other brands/models. £1100 would probably sell it assuming its pretty much showroom condition.

Still begs the question “why?” of course.

£820 for an ’09 is just silly though

z1ppy

footflaps – Member
    I’ve bought and sold loads of frames over the years on Ebay – 50% tops unless it’s unused.

which is an great attitude to have when dealing with eBay, that doesn’t mean there aren’t lots of other buyers who ‘want’ the item will spend more.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thread hijack – what does BNIB stand for, I saw it on an Ebay add the other day for some thing else and didnt have a clue what it meant.

bigdan6
    Free Member

I think I’m missing my hardtail. Or at least, the feel of a hardtail. Can’t quite make the five feel ‘lively’ enough.

Maybe I’m not setting it up right. ???

z1ppy

“brand new in the box”, though these descriptions can mean any number of thing to any number of ppl, ask Realman about it.

jota180
    Free Member

what does BNIB stand for

Brand New In Bag

legend
    Free Member

Brand New In Box

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

BNIB is brand new in box

hora
    Free Member

50% of Retail?

So why do lime green Hecklers on here go for more than that?

650 for a 899 (2011 RRP) one recently 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“I think I’m missing my hardtail. Or at least, the feel of a hardtail. Can’t quite make the five feel ‘lively’ enough.”

That sounds about right for a 5 imo. But I’m surprised you didnt pick up on that when you test rode one ???!

Some thing like a SC Superlight or Giant Anthem gives you the benefit of suspension whilst still mainting hardtail qualities … again IMO I went for an Anthem X and love it and to be fair 98% of the time I think it can do anything the 5 can, but blows the 5 away in techy singletrack and climbing.

Why not buy a 2011 Anthem X5 for £899, which gets you a complete bike, and then sell all the bits to help make up what you loose on the 5?

jam-bo

a five is and was never going to feel like a hardtail. sounds like a bike shop saw you coming.

Rickos
    Free Member

Try a smaller volume shock to get a more lively feel. It’ll ramp up quicker and probably give you what you’re after, or closer to it at least. You can buy spacers to fit in the air can to reduce volume quite cheaply just to experiment.

jam-bo

or just ride it like a five…

bigdan6
    Free Member

Thanks guys for the comments. I do enjoy the 5. I think I’ll experiment with the shock a little.

In summary, I think the consensus is, if I were to sell it, I’d be lucky to get north of £1100 (it is in very good condition and all that).

You never know. Ive heard there’s a new BFe coming out soon…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Should I sell my frame?’ is closed to new replies.