Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • should i leave my long term partner
  • catschroedinger
    Free Member

This morning over breakfast I asked my partner who she was voting for

Her response was UKIP

My response was are you **** mental

Even our three year old childs response was are you **** mental

I’m now sat at work worried Iv’e wasted a great deal of my life

cdoc
    Free Member

Sounds like someone needs a new patio laying…

ton

and labourconservativelibdemgreen parties are a better option?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why don’t you ask her why, why don’t you ask why her previous party is no longer appealing to her ? It’s up to the other parties to respond which they have so far clearly failed to do effectively.

david47
    Free Member

Of course you should leave her. Your obviously a bad influence on a 3 year old child. And it sounds like she is using her democratic right to voice a (hopefully) protest vote, which is more that at least 60% of the population are going to do. That should be supported…

teamslug
    Free Member

I dont think i shall be voting for them but Farage and UKIP seem to have got folks engaged , either positively or negatively. The other parties are just bland?……except the BNP of course who are just mad….at least she has an opinion when 60% plus of the country cant be arsed.

BigDummy
    Free Member

If you first find out about your long-term partner’s voting preference on the day of an election, I would say that the discussion of politics is not a major factor in your relationship.

Voting UKIP does not, in itself, make someone a terrible person. If she is actually a tiresome pub bore, a 1950s racist, or someone who prefers to strike a cliched pose when they don’t understand something complicated, those are problems for a relationship, but again, you probably did not find out about them today. 🙂

llama

as a UKIP voter my wife is obliged to vote for whoever I tell her to

jambalaya
    Free Member

@llama 😀 – best post so far on any UKIP related thread

honeybadgerx

Maybe you could enforce some kind of voluntary ban on your wife voting for parties that you don’t like?

DezB
    Free Member

This is why the suffragettes were wrong.

catschroedinger
    Free Member

Maybe you could enforce some kind of voluntary ban on your wife voting for parties that you don’t like?

no need i told her the polling station was atop snowdon

ndthornton
    Free Member

This is what worries me – your child clearly hasn’t made up its own mind – you have. That’s not how a democracy works.

Good on your partner for having her own opinion.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Both my wife and I voted UKIP this morning so we are totally sympatico.

dunmail
    Free Member

I’d be more concerned about your three year old child using that sort of language, maybe social services should be informed. Of course if your partner has her way then the SS will be disbanded

user-removed
    Free Member

forzafkawi – Member
    Both my wife and I voted UKIP this morning so we are totally sympatico mental.

FTFY

😉

FOG

It would be nice to believe that all the UKIP voters were just raising a finger to all the other parties who seem to have nothing to do with anybody outside the S. East and only the fashionable addresses within the S.East but I worry too many might be swivel eyed loons.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

llama – Member

Fantastic!
    Sums up your average ukip voter perfectly.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need to post a pic of her in here before we commit to any decision.. 😉

stimpy
    Free Member

No one who has anything to do with cycling could possibly vote UKIP, surely?

Telegraph linky

😐

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

llama – Member

You let your wife vote? How very modern of you.

andyl
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    You need to post a pic of her in here before we commit to any decision..

Could turn it into a game of “Guess Who”.

I am guessing she’s not this one:

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1445006851/Wholesale-Sexy-Costume-Sexy-font-b-Burka-b-font-Costume-Black-H39224.jpg

(didn’t post image directly as it is a provocative image of a woman wearing a Burka)

Joking aside, OP I think this needs a sit down and chat with your OH and see if she really does have her eyes fully open.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

alexpalacefan

Yes.
    They are a right-wing racist.

APF

bikebouy
    Free Member

My my MrWoppit, top marks!

B_Leach
    Free Member

If it’s a protest vote, I don’t get why people are voting ukip instead of simply spoiling their ballots. It’s a recorded figure, so it’s not wasted. Gah, don’t legitimize these fruitloops because you don’t like some other fruitloops.

ransos
    Free Member

And it sounds like she is using her democratic right to voice a (hopefully) protest vote, which is more that at least 60% of the population are going to do. That should be supported…

Exercising a democratic right is to be supported, but that’s not the OP’s point. Is the sort of person who wants to vote UKIP the sort of person you want to spend your life with? The answer for me is no.

chewkw
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

My my MrWoppit, top marks!

😯 Please let her know I am a naughty boy.

:mrgreen:

Duggan

I’m sure I’m way too late to this thread but surely there is a significant potential that she just doesn’t really understand or care about politics (fair enough) as opposed to she is a massive racist who will be throwing bricks through the windows of the local Romanian population.

If you had no idea about the actual issues involved than I guess Farage might seem the most attractive choice in many ways

molgrips
    Free Member

My mum voted for Thatcher first time round apparently (despite being a teacher and married to a former miner) because as a staunch feminist she wanted a woman PM.

She soon regretted it though!

noltae
    Free Member

The establishment media will mud sling at any independent political organization/party regardless of policy or ideology – I wouldn’t vote UKIP but let’s be clear having concern about immigration policy doesn’t make one racist – UKIP is raising other issues – It calls for the Bank Of England to be audited – Or do you think all this Quantitative Easing is justly credited to we the people? If my partner didn’t defend my right to have a mind of their own I’d consider splitting up – maybe she should leave you …

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘should i leave my long term partner’ is closed to new replies.