Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Should I have a rant?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Now you’ve called him out by name, which is as far from honorable as I can think.

I don’t give a rats ass

I think you’re both even now.

So do I.

Sui
    Free Member

so no-one asked the obvious yet –

so what was the deposit, i’ll buy em off you minus 🙂

cranberry
    Free Member

I’m honest. I couldn’t do that. I just can’t.

Fair enough if you don’t want to profit from the situation, but that won’t help him learn how to behave on the classifieds.

If the sale doesn’t go through, give the deposit to MacMillan *

* or insert good charity of your choice here

boxfish
    Free Member

CacklingFishwivesWorld.com

dribbling
    Free Member

Gutted..

DezB
    Free Member

Now you’ve called him out by name, which is as far from honorable as I can think.

This is so far from my understanding it might as well be Swahili.

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s a pair of wheels, I can’t proceed with the purchase, get over it. The wheels weren’t selling anyway so it’s not like people were beating a path to your door….

Tbh doing this is a rats trick anyhow.

Bought and sold hundreds of things on here over the years, these things happen from time to time, don’t give a seconds thought if someone has to pull out. Maybe that’s because I’d class myself as a pretty honest guy, who certainly would feel bitter at someone for not buying an item off me.

So don’t try and tarnish me as some fly by night charlatan. Hundreds of happy buyers and sellers off here and nearly 900 people on eBay would testify otherwise.

And Peterpoddy, if you really feel that aggrieved, you have my phone number….

Stoner
    Free Member

thejesmonddingo

Kettle on,choice of biscuits?

vinnyeh

does seem a storm in a teacup to me.
    Been mucked around by a few people on here, and probably done the same to one or two myself. I’ve never felt a need to get upset about it.

Nice of you to refund the deposit though, I’d do the same, unless it was a fiver or so.

Curious as to what frame Loddrik would lash out £900 on though, it’s a bit over his normal price. 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

It was a frame and forks, but Peterpoddy really has shown himself to be a bitter fool.

Apparently he has suggested that I don’t offer to buy anything off him again.

That’s actually pretty funny!

wrecker
    Free Member

What bike did you buy in the end Loddrik?

druidh
    Free Member

I’d donate the deposit to STW for providing the Classifieds Section…..

loddrik
    Free Member

Tracer

clubber
    Free Member

I had a perfectly civil and sensible sale to loddrick if it helps.

I do agree though that putting a WTD that you can’t actually pay for seems pretty silly.

wrecker
    Free Member

Nice! Enjoy.

loddrik
    Free Member

I am after wheels, but just need cheaper ones for the time being.

Though with hindsight, I’m really glad I didn’t buy these wheels. I’d hate to think what would’ve happened if I’d received the wheels and they were defective…

binners

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Peterpoddy really has shown himself to be a bitter fool.

A bitter fool with your £60. don’t forget.

Do you need that to pay for the frame? Or something else you’re buying that you don’t have the money for?

I’m gonna let you sweat for a while.

I suggest you shut up and back off if you wanna see it back in your bank account. I might change my mind, just like you did

Yes. That’s a threat.

philconsequence
    Free Member

So don’t try and tarnish me as some fly by night charlatan. Hundreds of happy buyers and sellers off here and nearly 900 people on eBay would testify otherwise.

sounds like you’re a trader?

wrecker
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I said BACK OFF.

You know what I mean.

I’m now charging you £10 for every time you call me.

loddrik
    Free Member

I suggest you shut up and back off if you wanna see it back in your bank account. I might change my mind, just like you did
    Yes. That’s a threat.

Answer your phone, and we can exchange threats….

And I’d suggest that keeping my money won’t be wise, and you can **** take that how you want it.

vinnyeh

This thread won’t last long now…

sounds like you’re a trader?

Nicely placed question mark. He’s not. And not sure why you’d ask the question?

dribbling
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

I’m with the “non-refundable deposit” option…..

Sui
    Free Member

ooh, i give it less than 10mins before “thread closed”

Ro5ey
    Free Member

loddrik … you only have to pay 90 quid more, that sounds like a small percentage of recent monies spent by you…. cough up

PP…. Don’t be a wally… it’s cost you nowt except a little time… probably less time than it’s taken to type your wierd semi-rant.

Can someone please smash thier heads together.

nealglover
    Free Member

I said BACK OFF.
    You know what I mean.
    I’m now charging you £10 for every time you call me.

You look like a complete tool now.

Sorry.

philconsequence
    Free Member

900 sales on ebay and hundreds on here makes it sound like he is, the question mark is because i was asking a question.

asking the question because i thought traders weren’t allowed on the classifieds, but then again i’m not a user of the classified so i’m unsure. figured its better to ask than assume!

yossarian
    Free Member

lol at peter poddy!

reminds me of a small angry dog

loddrik
    Free Member

As I’ve said over text, if he’s happy to slag me off publicly, he should at least be man enough to do it straight to me.

I’m a reasonable chap.

MrGrim

I’m not sure why you would pay a deposit for something then expect it back if you back down on the deal. Isn’t that why we have deposits?

druidh
    Free Member

Exactly

loddrik
    Free Member

A deposit if to keep hold of something, its that simple.

Never ever ever would I even consider retaining a deposit of someone who was in the reverse situation, the mind boggles.

And then to use the retaining of said deposit as a way of getting said person to be quiet after attempting to publicly flame the person.

The actions of a seeming horrible person IMO.

nealglover
    Free Member

As I’ve said over text, if he’s happy to slag me off publicly, he should at least be man enough to do it straight to me.
    I’m a reasonable chap.

Agreed.

Pretty weak slagging you on a forum then refusing to answer his phone.

(And then to tell you, on a forum, to stop ringing him otherwise he’s charging £10 every time he has to ignore his phone, well FFS that’s just pathetic)

binners

I think you need to settle this like gentlemen…

😆

soma_rich
    Free Member

I reckon Pete should donate the £60 to a local charity.

loddrik
    Free Member

And anyway, if we’re talking about deposit ethics, how about distance selling regs (which obviously don’t really apply), and I’ve not even received the goods, but I’d suspect Peterpoddy might appear on watchdog at some point.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Should I have a rant?’ is closed to new replies.