Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • short seat tubes – anything shorter than Process 153?
  • fingerbang
    Free Member

just out of interest, are there any frames out there with shorter seat tubes than the Process 153?

just looking at XL frames and my achilles bug bear is long seat tubes – so much so that it is probably going to be one of my main criteria when buying a new frame.

my next purchase will probably be a long travel aggro bike. The 153 has a seat tube and reach combo or 485mm and 510mm which sounds perfect as i have long arms and short legs.

anything in this ball park? its surprising as the Process was pretty revolutionary a few years ago but it still has pretty far out geo by the looks of it

nuke

Same bugbear here but shorter than you. I would have said the whyte g160 but, for you, they dont do a XL if 495mm reach on the large isn’t long enough

Shall watch this thread for other suggestions

hambl90
    Free Member

Mondraker maybe ?

Northwind

Nobody understands Trek geometry but they seem to have pretty sensible seattubes- I ride a large remedy despite being only 5’10 and it still has plenty of room for a 170mm dropper, something a lot of bikes seem to struggle with even if you dodn’t go up a size

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Birds’s have short seat tube to allow for a long dropper

sambob
    Free Member

Airdrop Edit V2 has a shorter seat tube too. One of the best things about my Process 153 is the low top tube/short seat tube combo

riklegge

+1 for the Aeris. Large has a 470 seat tube, 506 reach; xl is 500 / 528. Worth looking at ETT lengths for the seated position too.

chiefgrooveguru

Aeris 145 in large is 470 seat tube & 506 reach. XL is 500 & 528.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Thanks for replies. Some food for thought.

I have an XL spitfire which i think is 477/508 reach and seat tube. With a 50mm stem

The only issue I have with it is the seat tube. Not enough to replace the bike as I’m not that fickle (or rich).

My ideal bike would have slightly more reach and as short a seat tube as possible

chiefgrooveguru

XL 2017 Spitfire is 480/490 – seat tubes have got shorter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘short seat tubes – anything shorter than Process 153?’ is closed to new replies.