Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Short loops near Bassenthwaite LD… any STW recommendations!
  • Gnnr

Off to the lakes next week, staying in a cottage in Bassenthwaite with Mrs G & G Junior. Looking for short blast Northern lake routes that I can nail before the mrs starts grumbling about me being away all day…

The cottage looks directly at Ullock Pike… I’m guessing that’s going to be super busy at this time of year and as its cheeky best left alone. Is this correct, I’m Scottish so not 100% sure of the reaction bikes will meet on a footpath – probably not good, although I read lots of cheeky reports written on here so am I over estimating the problem?

Any routes, links etc gratefully received. Cheers.

mcnultycop

You are near Whinlatter, so it’d be rude not to.

neninja
    Free Member

Skiddaw loop is under 30km and very close by

Here’s one version of it – http://www.keswick.org/content/doc/lib/4716/adventure-cycling-keswick-skiddaw%20loop-route1.pdf

neninja
    Free Member

If you get up early you could also ride up to Skiddaw House, across to Mosedale (this is mostly really good singletrack), up the road to Calebreck and then back to Bassenthwiate on old mining tracks, quiet lanes and some bridleway/byway.

Gnnr

Thanks for the replies! Neninja I’ll try and mark that out on the map before I leave.

Keep em coming! G

boxelder

Sale Fell and Wythop Woods, on other side of the lake.
    Setmurthy Woods on way to Cocker mouth has loads of rooty single track and bermy/jumpy downhill stuff in a very small area.
    Nice eve/early ride through Dodd Wood.
    Mail for details

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Short loops near Bassenthwaite LD… any STW recommendations!’ is closed to new replies.