Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano saint M810 4pot disc options
  • parisroubaix

Wanting advice from users:
    Swapping from mono M4s
    I have 200mm floating rotor front, and 160mm rear
    Would these rotors in any way be compatable, I have post mount on front fork, IS rear?
    Or would I be best sticking to shimano discs (I have six bolt rotors)?

slowrider
    Free Member

the rotors should be absolutely fine. hope rotors are a little bit wider than some but you shouldnt have any problems if they are straight and true

Doug
    Free Member

The rear will work fine. Is it a 200 or 203mm Hope rotor as the 200 will be a little small with the pads overlapping the edge slightly unless you take a touch of material off the adapter. You may also have to take a little material off the adapter to stop the floating rotor rivets from fouling.

Keep any unused M4 pads you have lying around as they fit the Saints after filing those stupid ears off (Compare the two pads to see what I mean)

[img]http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/120/44280.jpg[/img]

udder
    Free Member

I used a 183/160mm Hope Floating Rotor combo with my Saints in Morzine without any problems. Made a good tinging noise when they got hot too 🙂

As for the 200mm rotor, then I personally can't see this being a problem as long as you can bolt your new saints on to your existing Hope 200mm adapters. I would guess you would only need to file things down if you were trying to use 203mm adapters. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend filing pads down on such expensive and powerful brakes, you should try to make sure you've got components that fit each other or else there's little point in spending out the money.

Enjoy the brakes, they're absolutely amazing.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Some people, me included, have had to file the Saint caliper to clear the Hope rotor rivets. Not a bit deal, just something to be aware of.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano saint M810 4pot disc options’ is closed to new replies.