Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano Hydro Brakes – Lever Q
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Mate of mine had a nasty stack a few weeks back, long story short he has made a mess of his brake levers.

think he has a set of Deore – only got them about 3months back.

For replacement levers, will any of the shimano range fit/work? is there any benefit to ‘upgrading’ the levers?
    Anyone seen any good deals recently?

ta.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

And no …no benefit in paying any more. The real (slight) difference is in the caliper.

soobalias
    Free Member

cheers don, as i expected.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The XT levers have the servowave cam which increases power towards the end of the stroke and allows the pads to sit further away. In theory – in reality I find it increases lever throw, particularly if you run your lever close to the bar, and makes the brake feel less firm. Deore is good.

legend
    Free Member

in reality I find it increases lever throw, particularly if you run your lever close to the bar

ditto this, not really one for folk that like to run their levers close to the bar unfortunately (for me)

lornholio
    Free Member

in reality I find it increases lever throw, particularly if you run your lever close to the bar

Exactly what I find, this is what I don’t like about Shimanos (currently Zees). Which current levers are non Servo Wave? Older XTRs apparently were.

Rorschach
    Free Member

XTR come in a trail (servowave) or race (non servowave) versions.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is this why I’m convinced my XT brakes aren’t as good as the SLX ones on my old bike?

Rorschach
    Free Member

No…thats just you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Hydro Brakes – Lever Q’ is closed to new replies.