Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shimano disc hose help
  • timbur
    Free Member

Will this;
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-zee-m640-disc-brake-hose-rear/
    Fit a SLX M675 set up? I need more than the given 1400mm.
    Both have banjo’s and both have a straight connection to the lever.
    HELP :O)
    ta
    Tim

MadPierre

Should do. But I’m not guaranteeing it!

What you fitting to? A tandem?

timbur
    Free Member

Surly Ogre in XL with Jones bars and a long stem.

timbur
    Free Member

Poo, they’ve only got it in white!
    Only tarts have white hoses.
    :O(v

Scamper
    Free Member

I just bought a new hose for my Zee – SM BH90 SB. On the back it says it will fit BR and BL M675. I’ve also got the M675 SLX brakes and the hose/banjo for the SLX and Zee looked identical and stamped with SMBH90.

The only different is the pin which fits through the banjo bolt. The one which came with the kit was identical with the one on my SLX brakes which also fits several shimano offerings. However the Zee brakes use a different and cheaper less sturdy looking pin due to the caliper design so I had to use the original. The kit above may be Zee specific with a Zee specific banjo pin or and Wiggle are just branding it Zee?

timbur
    Free Member

I’m guessing they are one in the same and the existing banjo bolt will work nicely.
    Now, I need it in black, 1700mm and not stupidly expensive. Oddly, Halfords online here I come.

Scamper
    Free Member

Close up shots of the packaging above and yes it is Zee specific with the smaller screw. Therefore you need what I got above. I reckon the extra S on the wiggle packaging donates zee?

CRC is your friend.

timbur
    Free Member

CRC is more expensive!

Mister-P
    Free Member

The Zee hose on Wiggle will come with the short banjo bolt, the SLX use the long bolt. So simply reuse the one from your calliper with the new hose. Job done.

timbur
    Free Member

Mister P – yeap, that’s where my head was at.
    Now, I need it in black

Mister-P
    Free Member

Madison have them in stock in black so they should be available to buy from bike shops.

timbur
    Free Member

Price sensitive here so Halfords wins at present (£20)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shimano disc hose help’ is closed to new replies.