Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano AM7 Flat pedal shoe – unexpected cleat holes.
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

I have just received these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-am7-mtb-flat-pedal-shoes-2017/rp-prod138002

They are supposed to be flat pedal shoes, and in all the publicity pics they have a flat sole. But mine have come with cleat holes in them. My mate ordered some at the same time and his do too? Wots going on?
    PS-They are not the AM9 it say 7 on the bit near the strap.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/clothing/shoes/product/review-shimano-am7-50121/

Rubber_Buccaneer

Does it say AM7 or ME7?

prawny

Sounds like a load of cockups. Definitely shouldn’t have cleat holes.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Do yourself a favour and get your money back. I’ve got a pair and they are rubbish. There’s no grip at all from the sole. Oh yeah and they shouldn’t have cleat holes

andykentos
    Free Member

I have a pair of AM7s and the new five ten freerider pro, freerider pro is far better, only reason i like the shimano shoes is for the mud flap which is useful in Scotland to keep your laces clean.

Five tens far grippier, sometimes it feels to grippy when you get your foot in the wrong place!

acidchunks

Do yourself a favour and get your money back. I’ve got a pair and they are rubbish. There’s no grip at all from the sole. Oh yeah and they shouldn’t have cleat holes

Seconded.

After wearing out a pair of AM41s I replaced them with the AM7. Only use for commuting so the reduced grip over their predecessors isn’t too much of an issue.

I wouldn’t wear them for mtbing, ever.

Brianblessed
    Free Member

Are the uppers the same for the 7’s and the 9’s? factory cock up putting wrong sole on?

superstu
    Free Member

I have AM7’s, no clear holes.
    And I get that a lot of people don’t like them but they stick well to my nukeproof flats, no issues whatsoever and I really like them. I’m sure freeriders are gripper but I at least love them! good water resistance as well, coupled with waterproof socks I actually felt my toes whilst cycling this winter for the first time ever

bungalistic
    Free Member

I really like my AM41s grippy enough I found and they’ve lasted much longer than any five-ten or other shoe I’ve owned. Did they change the sole for the new version and make it worse?

andybrad

i also run am7 and have no cleat holes.

They are not grippy at all compared to my impacts. However thay are a better shoe so i wear them almost all the time on the bike.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

bungalistic – Member
    I really like my AM41s grippy enough I found and they’ve lasted much longer than any five-ten or other shoe I’ve owned. Did they change the sole for the new version and make it worse?

The soles look identical, but they must have changed something as everyone I know that had 41’s and replaced them with 7’s say they are no where near as grippy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano AM7 Flat pedal shoe – unexpected cleat holes.’ is closed to new replies.