Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano 785 road discs – downsides ?
  • iainc

Have just ordered a CDF 30 with these new hydraulics. Are they as good as all the reviews say ? What are the negatives/weak points with them ? Coming from Hayes CX expert mechanicals so expecting great things !

eshershore
    Free Member

Road a dura-ace bike with those brakes and found even with 140mm rotors the brakes were fierce to the point of being harsh, causing vibration in the frameset under braking. Would be interested in trying another bike to see what happens with long term ownership.

simondbarnes

I’ve only had a spin up the road and back on them so far but I’ve borrowed a bike from work with them on so will be able to give some feedback on them in a day or two 🙂

Being Shimano, I’d expect them to be pretty damn good. I’d really like a set on my cross bike, not that fussed about them on road bikes although they make plenty of sense on a winter one.

Onzadog
    Free Member

My only reservation is what happens if the levers go all “xt” on people? When the master cylinder gets sticky on xt, you just buy a new lever for £30. Don’t fancy binning a whole STI because the piston can’t be serviced.

Fingers crossed, the piston is modular though.

Shred
    Free Member

No issues. The work well. The power and modulation are great.

iainc

Sounding pretty good….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Was told today that the levers are not serviceable so it’s new levers if they go wrong after 25 months. Spendy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 785 road discs – downsides ?’ is closed to new replies.