Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • sheffield ski village- opinions please
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Any good? How did folk get on if they used the instructors? ta

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its not very good these days I’m afraid. I haven’t been to the slope in just over a year, but the last time I did go all the staff were demoralised as it was owned by a guy who wasn’t even interested in skiing or boarding.

The equipment is old and needs updating, but what is worse perhaps is the state of the matting. The dendix slop looks awful, and they have used 2nd hand matting.

I can’t comment on the teaching staff of recent years but back in the day they all had the relevant ASSI qualification.

It does appear to be temperamental as to when its open and closed these days too.

Personally I wouldn’t ski there with snow slopes in Manchester and Castleford being 1 1/2 hrs max drive away.

Bit sad really, I was involved in the opening of the slope back in the day when it used to be the best facility in England.

dogpower
    Free Member

however…..the bank to the left (north) is superb for the bike (the Iron Justice run). It’s a heck of a push back up but Ride Sheffield are working on getting the ski village to let us use their lifts. Ride Sheffield are on Facebook if you fancy getting on board.

fontmoss
    Free Member

cheers guys, ill have a look at manchester, dont have a car sadly

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How could a T-Bar get a bike to the top?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A train to Leeds and then Castleford may be easier? I think…could be wrong that there is a station just outside the Catleford place. Manchester is longer though.

However both are bloody expensive!

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah not having a car sucks for mtb too :'(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘sheffield ski village- opinions please’ is closed to new replies.