Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Shaving tips…
  • dunkotm
    Free Member

Just tried some new gear from the Real Shaving Company- on offer in Waitrose. Good gear.

Anyone got sagely shaving advice to share? Mine is alway have a hot shower first and run the blade under ot water. And don't lay your razor face down. and don't shave your bum:) probably….

tails
    Free Member

i thought you should run it under cold water as metal contacts so sharper blade. . . . prob makes F all difference though.

uplink
    Free Member

We had suggestions for the best muesli this morning now shaving tips

I despair …………

skidartist
    Free Member

Shave and drink beer, because you're already brilliant!

Drac

Mine is if you haven't learnt in 21 years your ****.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Don't search on google and find out how much a Gillette Fusion blade costs to make. It's enough to make you cut yourself

AndyP
    Free Member

stop on the inside thigh before you get to the level anything dangly reaches, otherwise you may as well save on razor blades and use the cheesegrater on your knackers instead.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Shave in cold water. use a mirror. dont do it in a blackout. never ever let your mrs borrow it. dont use it on the dog / cat. dont buy a complementary roadbike.. dont start wearing lycra.

ziggy
    Free Member

An industry insider has revealed that the Fusion range of blades, which cost 5p ($0.08) each to manufacture, sell with a mark-up of more than 4,750 per cent.

😯

Pieface

The razor blade model is a killer. They sell the handles at a loss in those starter packs knowing you'll buy the blades.

If in a hurry I shave in the shower. My taps are mounted on a chrome plate that acts as a mirror.

However for best results I wash face first (or straight out the shower), rinse face with water as hot as I can, then apply shaving gel and rinse hands. Then run hot water as hot as I can to rinse the blade in. Rinse face in water as hot as I can stand, then with water as cold as possible, dry then moisturise.

Not sure it makes a difference but always feels best, that and I saw it on a beauty TV programme and all.

IME changing blades before they go blunt is the most important thing.

I find that the hot vs cold water thing is that for me, hot water works best as it rinses the blade more thoroughly (I think) so has less hairs stuck to it ergo less snagging.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I dont think the moulded / over-moulded handles cost much either. I think we should all stop shaving till Gillette goes bust.

An industry insider has revealed that the Fusion range of blades, which cost 5p ($0.08) each to manufacture, sell with a mark-up of more than 4,750 per cent.

If Gillette are paying 5p for each blade they are getting ripped off.

renton
    Free Member

i always use a face scrub before shaving and it really makes a difference!!

mrmo
    Free Member

everyone should have a go at least once, it is an experience wielding a blade that sharp round your face.

Pieface

I'm still using Sensor blades. Cheaper, but still overpriced. Maybe I should go for a good old fashioned 'Safety' razor.

Not convinced to go anywhere near a cutthroat though.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

find a proper barber and let them do it

duntmatter
    Free Member

MTFU

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Shaving tips…’ is closed to new replies.