• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Keva.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • shaving soap or cream?
  • oddjob
    Free Member

This morning I knocked my 3/4 full Geo F Trumpers shaving cream off the side of the wash basin and it emptied itself into the potty that was on the floor next to me.

That was a little irritating!

Anyway, I am considering one of those nice soaps in a wooden bowl to avoid future repeats, any thoughts?

Taff
    Free Member

Palmolive or the one in a white tube that I can’t remember the name of – jobs a good’un!

Not got on with the soaps myself but I am just an amateur!

z1ppy

Anyone mentioned MTFU up yet? 😀

Soap (whats to hand, nothing special), add water (preferably warm), get a bit of lather, cover bit of face that need shaving with it & away you go…

Nope, I don’t go in for whole metrosexual thing, but then I don’t dry shave using a replica Rambo’s knife either. Shaving is a chore, that I use to measure how awake I am (face cover in blood, I need to wake up…) 😈

oddjob
    Free Member

If I were a true metrosexual, do you think I would be asking this question on a mountain biking forum?

z1ppy

😉

I dunno, used to work with a younger lad who told me he broke out in hives if he didn’t use a shaving cream, and wouldn’t actually believe me when I said I just used soap… youth of today eh?

Quite surprised you had no responses though, male grooming (self grooming not internet grooming) normally get the tarts on here quicker than TJ can say “join a union”

oddjob
    Free Member

Indeed, I am surprised not to have been recommended all sorts of exotica.

Maybe it is the razors themselves that get the gadget heads going.

(I’m using a Merkur 38HD or something like that) 🙂

spacemonkey

Men-U’s range of products, including their shaving gel, are excellent. Checkout Mankind.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

This is what you need, you can get it on ebay for about £2.50

donsimon
    Free Member

Another Arko user here.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I use Arko too excellent stuff , also use Proraso Shave creme (green bowl) which wakes me up in a menthol way.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Clippers.

chewkw
    Free Member

oddjob – Member

Indeed, I am surprised not to have been recommended all sorts of exotica.

Maybe it is the razors themselves that get the gadget heads going.

(I’m using a Merkur 38HD or something like that)

No exotica here just Palmolive shave stick 49p/stick that last me between 3 – 6 months.

Merkur 38HD is good enough.

🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

If you’re the man, here:

DrJ

Keva
    Free Member

shower gel works for me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘shaving soap or cream?’ is closed to new replies.